For Sale: 1975 Ford Granada 4dr sedan - $2,300 - St Louis, MO - Project - Not Mine

For Sale: 1975 Ford Granada 4dr sedan - $2,300 - St Louis, MO - Project

1975 Ford Granada - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1975 Ford Granada 4-door. 6 cyl, auto, PS, manual disc brakes. Basically, a no options car, no A/C, radio delete, etc. Has bucket seats. Green exterior / green interior. 80K miles. Car was parked about 15 years ago. About 1 year before I parked it, with about 70K miles, car had full service done to it including transmission rebuilt, new shocks, brakes including calipers, full tune-up, new Michelin radials that are now 15 years old etc. I drained gas tank, changed oil etc., car runs great, shifts, stops. It will lot drive but will need to be towed as it has not been on the road in 15 years.  Price is $2,300 OBO Cash only. Title in hand.

Copy and paste in your email: 4def2a35c43830bfba46504e482b5072@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1975 Ford Granada 4dr sedan - Project.

'75 Ford Granada MO a.jpg

'75 Ford Granada MO b.jpg

'75 Ford Granada MO c.jpg

'75 Ford Granada MO d.jpg

'75 Ford Granada MO e.jpg

'75 Ford Granada MO f.jpg

'75 Ford Granada MO g.jpg

'75 Ford Granada MO h.jpg

As popular as these were, it's surprising how few turn up for sale.

They were more compact and better on gas than the bloated full-size Fords and TBirds, more substantial than a Maverick, and Lincoln was producing an upscale clone. 

Probably better to pay $5K for a car that's already been gone through than diddle with this one, though.

12 minutes ago, suchan said:

As popular as these were, it's surprising how few turn up for sale.

They were more compact and better on gas than the bloated full-size Fords and TBirds, more substantial than a Maverick, and Lincoln was producing an upscale clone. 

Probably better to pay $5K for a car that's already been gone through than diddle with this one, though.

RUST…they were very prone to rust out from my experiences here in PA.

Let's see, a green car from the 1970's bereft of options that probably does not run as well as the owner says. My aunt had one that every year at emission inspection my cousin would adjust the carburetor to pass the test and then readjust it to make it drivable in the real world. This car actually looks pretty good as is, but not in my garage.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

Most likely a relatively low percentage survived. based on the intended audience, most were probably used up, rusted away, and discarded to become scrap metal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Most likely a relatively low percentage survived. based on the intended audience, most were probably used up, rusted away, and discarded to become scrap metal.

I had one in the early 90s. It was a great second hand car.  The car had an In-line 6 that developed a soft plug leak, opposite the fire wall, in the back of the engine.  Couldn’t reach it and did every shade tree repair to keep it running.  Eventually the car overheated one too many times and ended up being scrapped.

Edited by Mark Huston (see edit history)

Paint it red with a red interior and it's identical - right down to the option list - to one my father bought new in 1975. I remember the paint being so soft that you could dig your fingernails into it and after letting the car sit in the sun, the marks would disappear. He put well over 100k miles on the car and only traded it in because he wanted an Audi (WORST car ever). Mom had a 76 Granada with a 302 and lots of options and only got rid of it due to high miles and the gremlins that appear with them.