Old House Dreams

CHuDWah

8 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

As cool as this thread is, our next house, if we ever move will be a ranch like @MarkV has.  Cool place, roomy love garages.

I love the ranch style! I forgot to mention I also had to do all windows and doors! Lol

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, alsancle said:

This  place has a couple things going for it.  Its in Ohio which I like and it has some great outbuildings.   Ignore the price.   I thought OH was cheap?

https://www.priceypads.com/1936-john-w-hausermann-built-manor-asks-2-75m-in-pierce-township-ohio/

11bc3231729a064bb7435091d2a7a57cl-m14147

11bc3231729a064bb7435091d2a7a57cl-m13761

11bc3231729a064bb7435091d2a7a57cl-m39792

11bc3231729a064bb7435091d2a7a57cl-m34866

That is cheap compared to prices around here, even accounting for the exchange rate.  (not to mention the slightly better weather in Ohio) Here's what you get around here for 1.5 M .   This just sold and was actually built by Thomas "Carbide" Wilson for his mother.  No garage space at all.  The original coach house was moved years ago and turned into a residential house in another part of the city.

Guesthouse Carbide Willson Guest House, Woodstock - trivago.ca

A little more affordable with a big carriage house in back and a driveway that goes all the way around the back of the property.  Probably a little too urban for me.

https://www.captivatinghouses.com/2022/03/24/1885-italianate-for-sale-in-salina-kansas/

Surround yourself in Elegant History, while enjoying the Modern Comforts of Today! This Rare Victorian Mansion is on the National Historic Register, and is Undeniably one of the Most Unique MUST-See Properties on the market! Over 4,500 sqft of Remarkable Finished Living Space, featuring Huge Rooms w/ Oversized Windows, providing Tons of Soft, Natural Light, Highlighting Tall Ceilings, Gorgeous Architecture, Fine Detailed Woodwork, and Stunning Characteristics you could only find in a Turn-of-the-Century Home.

Six Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Formal Living & Dining, Giant Foyer w/ Dramatic Carved Open Staircase, Additional Back Staircase, Multiple Fireplaces, Spacious Kitchen w/ Basket Weave Floor Tile and Tons of Cabinet & Cooking Space.This Gated Property also includes Deep Drive, Carriage House, and Over an Acre of Beautiful Space. Call now to see this Incredible Home before it’s too late! Accepting Offers! Only pre-qualified buyers or qualified cash buyers.

$365K

1885 Italianate For Sale In Salina Kansas

1885 Italianate For Sale In Salina Kansas

IMG_1264.jpg

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
3 hours ago, alsancle said:

I'm posting this because of the Carriage house.

I wonder if the rent on the house will carry the Carriage house because that's where I would be living!  But wow that's quite the place for the money

On 2/22/2022 at 12:04 PM, alsancle said:

Reminds me of somebody asking how much it costs to maintain a Duesenberg.   The answer is "If you have to ask you shouldn't buy it".

Last month we drove some antique cars to a historical site for their Christmas Celebration.   Low an behold I saw this Duesemberg dual cowl

phaeton, one of six ever made.  Knowing the owner, I inquied about it's future as he was talking of down sizing, and found out it was For Sale.

The coolest pedal car I've seen, suitable for two kids big & smart enough to pedal.   Complete withi its history since new.  Illl have to call for a       

price.

567777274_IMG_39821.JPG.96661ade6038d341d0dcd96306140681.JPG

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2022 at 6:53 PM, alsancle said:

I found a picture of the carriage house!   This the back,   the big 12 foot high double door faced the house.

Photo of property at 757 Salisbury St, Worcester, MA 01609

I have a friend who loves Cadillacs and big old houses.  He always says he should have been a Funeral Director, then his expenses would all be 

tax deductable.

For those of you who like big old houses with lots of Garage space, see CarProperty.Com.   They have listings all over the place.   When we     

downsize, we'll list our home there too.

DJI_0054.JPG.0b551c22e05840f8373d08fb28c45767.JPG