Acura Integra, type R , $100k+ car

Would I pay that? Not a chance. Am I surprised? No. In fact, I've been expecting this trend for years. It's the "R Type" performance edition, it's a good color, and only 7000 miles. You won't find another. Honda products were rock solid through the malaise era and it gained them a rabid following. This is the future of the hobby.

I agree that this is the future (interesting products between 1980-2010, very few of which were made by the domestic manufacturers).  But I am still surprised by this.  You can get a Toyota Supra or a NSX for this money (at least you could a short while ago).  

It is interesting how fast things are changing.  

I think there a quite a number of cars that have hit the stratosphere in the last 20 years to our "older eyes" are hard to phantom. On my list would be VW 21 window buses, Toyota Land Cruisers, and all air cooled Porsches. 

• Like 3

I would bet you could get an Acura NSX for 60 - 70K.  With an NSX you get a lot more car and prominence and in my opinion a whole lot more value and collectability. Besides for a performance car I will take a mid-engine 6 over a front engine 4 any day.  For car shows,  people are going to take note of an NSX and breeze past any Integra.  I still don't see 100k for "hotted up" Acura Civic!

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 2