For Sale: 1951 Kaiser Deluxe - "Worth the money" - "Gently used, never abused" - Mesa, AZ - Not Mine - 2/10 Deleted

For sale on Craigslist: 1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4-door Sedan - $5,500  -  Phone # not provided. Reply to Seller through Criagslist's email to: 14e1610ec3af3649b6c9b2c77d429190@sale.craigslist.org

Link: https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/mesa-1951-kaiser-deluxe-for-sale/7432543090.html 

Seller's Description:

1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4-door Sedan

• condition: good
  • cylinders: 6 cylinders
  • transmission: manual
  • odometer: 38,528
  • paint color: green
  • title status: clean

We have decided to sell our 1951 Kaiser Deluxe - $5500. This car is a great example of the fine cars produced by Kaiser during the early 50's. It starts easily, runs nice, and stops as it should. If you've considered owning a Kaiser, here is one that is worth the money. It has been used gently, never abused.
MECHANICAL:

• six-cylinder, 226ci/115-hp motor
  • 3-speed Transmission on the column
  • 6-volt electric system

EXTERIOR INTERIOR:

• Garden Green paint, needs re-painting, chrome is in fair condition, super clean trunk with original jack, tires are good, dash is all intact and in great condition, door panels are especially clean, door and window hardware is in good shape, emergency brake works, seats are nearly flawless, headliner is fair with some tearing above driver, two sun visors.

TRANSACTION DETAILS:

• Title is clear, in hand & will be accompanied by bill of sale. Prefer payment by cash. If you have a different way to pay, let's talk. Be sure to examine the car carefully to your own satisfaction. There is no guarantee or warranty with this car. Contact us in email with questions, leave your phone number and we'll call you.

image.png.100fdb09325a31c9ec6daad0601cd2ec.png

image.png.790c657a412d1e8295ae5640494dd9e7.png

image.png.6d992c5355d1d0e8e5e95a7cd68527fc.png

image.png.2b2c7265cdddb9383e1dce8e702576e9.png

image.png.9b35d6967f1a987d711d837ec3104e4d.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1951 Kaiser Deluxe - "Worth the money" - "Gently used, never abused" - Mesa, AZ - Not Mine
2 hours ago, Hans1965 said:

The paint?! Definitely needs a paint job. Here it is a 8000 USD adventure .... 

I am not too fussy on cosmetics as long as the fundamentals are sturdy and it runs and drives well. I enjoy a nicely finished car but those type of issues can be worked on as time and money allow.  And also everything depends on the final price.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sal Hepatica said:

I'm in the KFOCI; Kaiser's don't typically bring big money, with a few (Darrin) exceptions. On a par with- or even below- contemporary Mopar flathead six sedans. 

Yes, and I don't know if you are a long time member, but the long timers bought these KF's in the 60's and 70's for $100 and they think every sale now is too expensive if it goes over $500.  Until they go to sell their maintained purchased-in-1969 KF and want $22,000.  

Strangest group I know of.  Nice guys and gals all, but very cheap.   There was a graveyard in Colorado with a lot of the rarest most interesting KF's and the guy can't give them away.  Very few doing restorations. 

Been a few KFs on the forum here in the last 6 months so we have all become educated.  This one would make a nice $3,000 car to add to  a collection BUT not repaint.  Can't repaint unless it's a labor of love and you do most of the prep work. 

• Thanks 1

I see a decent driver that just needs a good interior detailing and some incorrect items replaced. Someone mentioned a $3000 price point and I think that's not far off given that the seat, flooring and trunk material, while perfectly serviceable, isn't correct. Still, it's a desirable stick/overdrive car with no visible bad rust that one could take to a local cruise-in and let the crowd look at what would certainly be the only one in a sea of Camaros, Corvettes and Mustangs.

I've owned several dozen Kaisers over the years and a 51 like this is the perfect entry level Kaiser. Parts are plentiful and inexpensive, there's plenty of support groups - especially on FB - and they're easy to work on compared to other contemporary marques.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 12:21 PM, Hans1965 said:

The paint?! Definitely needs a paint job. Here it is a 8000 USD adventure .... 

It's probably not a car that warrants an expensive paint job. Do the prep yourself and drop it off at a budget paint shop. Or, leave as is and tell everybody you like the corrosion (oops, I meant patina).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1951 Kaiser Deluxe - "Worth the money" - "Gently used, never abused" - Mesa, AZ - Not Mine - 2/10 Deleted