For Sale: 1964 Imperial Crown coupe - $9,995 - Harrisonville, MO - Not Mine - OH NO!  Flipper got it!  March 2022:

For Sale: 1964 Imperial Crown coupe - $9,995 - Harrisonville, MO - Still Available, Price Reduced to $9,250: February 2022: - Still Available, Price Reduced to $8,750: February 14, 2022: See New Link Below. This posting has been deleted by its author. Presumably SOLD!!! - OH NO!  Flipper got it!  March 2022:

1964 IMPERIAL V8 POWERED POWER EVERYTHING SUPER CLEAN CAR - cars &... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

This 1964 Imperial Crown coupe is in great shape for the age.  Powered by a 413 cubic inch V8 engine that runs like a top! Trans shifts smooth through all the gears as well.  Push button Torqueflite automatic transmission make it fun to drive.  It has power windows, which all work.  All the gauges on the dash work as well.  Factory air and heat car as well.  This car is in great running condition. You can hop in and cruise to your local car show on the weekends.  Being an older car, it does have some imperfections here and there. I have a lift at the shop for you to thoroughly inspect top to bottom. Clear title in hand.  There was an almost identical car sold on Bring a Trailer for $13,000 in 2021.  Will only respond to direct messages.  $9,995
Contact: Brock Pfeiffer call or text(660) 8-eight-8-3-5-two-7

Copy and paste in your email: d0e615ed620a3d44813977eaaf0af96c@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1964 Imperial Crown coupe.

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO a.jpg

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO b.jpg

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO c.jpg

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO d.jpg

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO e.jpg

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO f.jpg

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO g.jpg

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO h.jpg

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO i.jpg

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO j.jpg

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO k.jpg

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO l.jpg

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO m.jpg

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO n.jpg

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO o.jpg

'64 Imperial Crown coupe MO p.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
OH NO!  Flipper got it!  March 2022: (see edit history)
  • Like 7

I think that the driver's seat could be reinforced from below. You would have to take it out to do it right. Someone with a substantial weight has owned this car, for sure. I don't usually like colors of this nature, but the addition of a slightly contrasting roof color is a classy touch.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I think that the driver's seat could be reinforced from below. You would have to take it out to do it right. Someone with a substantial weight has owned this car, for sure. I don't usually like colors of this nature, but the addition of a slightly contrasting roof color is a classy touch.

While the seats are out for repair, the carpeting badly needs to be replaced with good quality dark brown or warm gray to complement the dark tones in the interior.    Interestingly, the Crown coupe also has the same smaller formal-style backlight as the LeBaron four door hardtop.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

While the seats are out for repair, the carpeting badly needs to be replaced with good quality dark brown or warm gray to complement the dark tones in the interior.    Interestingly, the Crown coupe also has the same smaller formal-style backlight as the LeBaron four door hardtop.

I prefer the LeBaron. The coupe always looked truncated but I am not going to quibble for $9,000 or so it should take to buy this one.  

56 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

I prefer the LeBaron. The coupe always looked truncated but I am not going to quibble for $9,000 or so it should take to buy this one.  

I think that you are correct about it being a little truncated. Maybe the quite short quarter window contrasts a bit too much with the quite long quarter panel. It's perhaps somewhat disproportionate, but I like it, nevertheless.

Yes coupes have grown on me. There are just so many options to collect in this hobby. I have always loved the 64-66 Imperials. I would have perhaps a coupe and a LeBaron. 

The LeBaron as we know was meant to compete with the Cadillac Fleetwood and it shows in the details.  That is why I want a LeBaron. Or get a LeBaron and a Fleetwood in the same year.  Just so many options in this hobby. 

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)

2 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Yes coupes have grown on me. There are just so many options to collect in this hobby. I have always loved the 64-66 Imperials. I would have perhaps a coupe and a LeBaron. 

The LeBaron as we know was meant to compete with the Cadillac Fleetwood and it shows in the details.  That is why I want a LeBaron. Or get a LeBaron and a Fleetwood in the same year.  Just so many options in this hobby. 

Yes, it boggles the mind, doesn't it?

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1964 Imperial Crown coupe - $9,995 - Harrisonville, MO - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $9,250: February 2022:
  • 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1964 Imperial Crown coupe - $9,995 - Harrisonville, MO - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $9,250: February 2022: - Still Available, Price Reduced to $8,750: February 14, 2022:

Still Available, Price Reduced to $8,750: February 14, 2022:

1964 CHYRSLER IMPERIAL V8 POWERED POWER EVERYTHING SUPER CLEAN CAR -... (craigslist.org)

This 1964 Imperial Crown coupe classic car is in great shape for the age. This car is in great running condition. You can hop in and cruise to your local car show on the weekends. Factory air and heat car as well. Push button Torqueflite automatic transmission make it fun to drive. It has power windows, and all work. All the gauges on the dash work as well. Powered by a 413 cubic inch V8 engine that runs like a top! Trans shifts smooth through all the gears as well. Being an older car, it does have some imperfections here and there. I have a lift at the shop for you to thoroughly inspect top to bottom. Clear title in hand. $8750. There was an almost identical car sold on Bring a Trailer for $13,000 in 2021. Will only respond to direct messages.

Copy and paste in your email: e9931df9fdf737f08107a7e164b1f118@sale.craigslist.org

Edited by 58L-Y8
Crossed out the dead CL link, (see edit history)

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1964 Imperial Crown coupe - $9,995 - Harrisonville, MO - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $9,250: February 2022: - Still Available, Price Reduced to $8,750: February 14, 2022: -This posting has been deleted by its author. 2-18-2022
  • 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1964 Imperial Crown coupe - $9,995 - Harrisonville, MO - Not Mine - OH NO!  Flipper got it!  March 2022:

And, for the record, the flipper wants $16,000;

his phone number is (913) 749-FLIP-7260 (delete the letters).

Here is his description:

"1964 Imperial Crown-2 DR. It has a 413 in it, new tires, new fuel pump, new gas tank and neck filler. Runs great.
Very clean interior (very small tear in driver seat). There is some bubbling in the paint in a small area in the back.
This car is in great shape and is turn- key for you to enjoy. Could become showroom condition car with some more time and effort into it. No signs of rust."

I hope he's at least honest.  It's encouraging that he is

pointing out some imperfections.

2 hours ago, JACK M said:

Well, Some bubbling in the paint and no signs of rust put up a flag for me.

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't seen that. That might be why the price in the original ad was so low.

Respectfully disagreeing with the 55er, I think that the 64-6 (and even a year or two later) Imperials have a dedicated following, but I can't say with certainty how big it is. It's my opinion that the '64 is the best looking Imperial of all time. I agree that the color as a color isn't that attractive, but it seemed to be used a lot back in that era, so I guess I'm used to seeing it on early '60's cars.

That reminds me of the time I pointed out an XKE coupe to my wife, and she said, "Yuck!"  I was surprised that she didn't like one of the most beautiful cars ever made, but when I pressed her on it, it was the color she didn't like...it was about the same color as this Imperial.

To me the pinnacle of Imperial class and styling was 1955-1956 and the looks went completely downhill after that, almost to the point of being unusual and sometimes bizarre, but then again 1958 Oldsmobiles are one of my all time favorite cars. Beauty has always been in the eye of the beholder. 

• Like 2