Someone in Houston please save my 91 Black Reatta from getting scrapped

aschamen

My once beautiful Reatta stopped running a few years ago and I wasn't able to get it fixed.  It got flooded and was sitting for some time. The city finally decided to tow it.  I hate to see it get scrapped so I'd love to give it to someone local who can just pay to get it out of the tow yard.  Honestly it's probably just going to be a parts car but if anyone is interested please message me asap.  The clock's ticking.  The tow yard is charging by the day.  You'll need to pay to have it towed out of the yard too.  I live in Houston. I have the title right here in my hand.  I just don't want it scrapped.

Alex

The tow yard owner seems reasonable.  I think he understands how rare these cars are and doesn't want it to get scrapped either.  He's even willing to tow the car nearby for $50 or so.  Too far he'll probably charge more.  If you have a tow truck or a means to tow the car that will work too.  Unusually this tow lot owner seemed quite nice.  I can help load it onto a trailer if you need. 

So far the cost is $284.87 today, Thursday.
That goes up $20.64 each day at midnight.

I will hand off the title to whoever wants it and I'll give you the paperwork to transfer the title.

Unfortunately I don't have pictures.  It was stored at a friend's house and I haven't seen it in some time.  The last time I saw it, it was pretty bad inside, and since then someone broke the side window.  The tow yard won't let me inside to take pictures so it's going to have to be sight unseen.  
I know it sucks to not be able to see it. It really will be a parts car, unless one of you guys are keen to give it a really good restoration, which, despite its condition I think would be worth it.  It was truly a wonderful car when I had it. 

No it's probably toast but what is the VIN number and what were the colors?   All 1991 Reattas are rare but some rarer than others.  I bought a 1 of 1 1991 Reatta from Marck Barker for $1400 or so with another $1200 to get it to Iowa and it sold for $250 to someone.  So IF (big IF) your 1991 is equally rare someone might buy it for the yard charge.  But more than likely it is upside down already.  

Colors?  Options?  

You need to provide more details.  So far all we know is it stopped running a few years back.... then came the flood.... which may have ruined the engine and transmission.   the more time passed and the city towed the the car.   

What year did it stop running?  what is the last mileage you have recorded.   Will guess it is a coupe, what is exterior color, interior color. 

Assuming it was not also wrecked,  someone might need a bumper, hood, deck lid, taillight and they could get it for $300 especially if it is a color they need. 

You may have waited 3-4 years too long to make your post..... give us the the vin number and we will add it to the RIP list

On 5/15/2021 at 2:14 AM, aschamen said:

Thanks for y'all's replies.  I've been communicating with NCReatta in North Carolina.  He's agreed to pay for the tow fees for the car. Glad it's not going to get scrapped and maybe at least the parts will bring new life to other Reattas.

good.at least the parts will be available 

Edited by handmedownreatta (see edit history)

12 hours ago, handmedownreatta said:

good.at least the parts will be available though not at a good price.

What is a "good price" for you? If it's free? I just forked out $475 for this poor car, plus will have probably another thousand dollars in getting it home. Not sure what you expect parts for a 30 year old, limited production car to cost, but I guess if they're not free they're too expensive. 

Nobody is making you buy anything from anyone. I'm perfectly fine if you don't buy anything from me, but please quit the "Marck's too expensive" schtick. At least I'm keeping the good parts from getting destroyed and helping Reatta owners keep their cars on the road. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NCReatta said:

What is a "good price" for you? If it's free? I just forked out $475 for this poor car, plus will have probably another thousand dollars in getting it home. Not sure what you expect parts for a 30 year old, limited production car to cost, but I guess if they're not free they're too expensive. 

Nobody is making you buy anything from anyone. I'm perfectly fine if you don't buy anything from me, but please quit the "Marck's too expensive" schtick. At least I'm keeping the good parts from getting destroyed and helping Reatta owners keep their cars on the road. 

Marck is very involved with the Buick Division as well as the Reatta Division. This is his full time job and deserves to get paid for it. 

There are "givers" and "takers" Marck and a few others give. And I see a lot more takers...

Edited by DAVES89 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

This Reatta probably was headed for the crusher. It was nice of aschamen to offer it to us and it was nice of Marck to step up to the plate and save it. Although I doubt it will ever be back on the road, it will probably extend the life of someone else's Reatta by making more parts available and that's a good thing no matter what the price.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Marck. Agree sometimes "free" can be quite expensive. Inherited a car from a friend in Mo. that wound up costing a couple of grand, two round trips, and a year before I had a clear title

Roger that Padgett. I bought a Reatta from a guy in Minnesota. Pictures looked great just a sub frame issue. Got there and the pictures lied, cara was ugly. Talked him down to $400.00 plus eats, gas, trailer, and time. Figured I had about $800.00 total in it. Kept it through the winter and only took the shifter illumination panel and Teves ball out of it and sold it to 2seater for him to give to his son. His son and grand kids fixed it up pretty nice. So that story ended well [for them].

Marck has good parts but there are certainly several sellers that have as nice of parts at better prices although it is not their sole job or business, as Marck said, nobody is making you buy from him, that's why I have always dealt with the others, at least we have a choice. 

• Ronnie changed the title to Someone in Houston please save my 91 Black Reatta from getting scrapped