How to determine value of 1926 Chrysler

STJ

image.png.ab8b417035b46b1b64c887b49428ed5f.pngI have a 1926 Chrysler Model 50 Phaeton 4 cylinder

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

I have no idea on how to find a value on something thins old, In just wasn't gifted it from my wife fathers estate.   Sorry about then pics I can't find now to rotate them.

IMG_0391.JPG

image.png

image.png

Edited by STJ
Needed to add info (see edit history)

This takes care of the pictures, STJ. Please give us any and all details you can about the car. Lots more pictures, such as a couple of angles of each side of the engine, and more. Thanks for bringing this car to our attention !    -   Carl

19CDF50C-286A-4ED4-9050-99D551857F50.jpeg

A353C5DF-44A9-468E-B9C8-EE6138F033E5.jpeg

8851FADE-CAB4-4CEA-9872-2CF670EA9B43.jpeg

• Thanks 1

It can't be a cut sedan because the sedan cowl flares out a lot at the A pillar and extends outwards over the side splash apron.  

The sad thing is that even if it has the missing folding top in the garage somewhere, there are so few people left that would be shopping for a smaller series mid 20s touring.  I could be wrong, but maybe 6k max is what it might bring on a very good day, and it may take some time to find a real buyer. 

Nobody wants to hear it, including myself, but when the flippers don't dare buy cars of this type for a quick resale, the retail prices drop like a rock.  The flipping market for that era is now long gone, and far too many estate cars are coming on the market in the last few years. 

• Like 2

I hate to agree, nice looking car, mostly original.  The prices on these are falling like a rock, real shame it is a nice car.  If I had any brains I would unload mine on ebay now.  At least it is complete enough to make someone a great starter fun antique car.  My question is when will kids start buying these for fun drivers?  Where could you get more car for 6K?  can't buy a truck or car with under 200K miles for 6K anymore.  Great thing about a free market at some price point someone will buy it.

image.thumb.png.c228e7c654d905c05d4d9bb3b1bb3934.png

Looks original to me...

image.thumb.png.a2750bf7734bc86162d43c5e10346df3.png

Nice condition , and a great body style. But as others have said ; a rather underwhelming , bottom model car. I think someone would be very happy as the new owner at $6,000. You might even squeeze $7,500 out the right buyer. Great value for the money if you find someone who can live with the rather limited , 45 MPH or so comfortable  road speed.

C Carl is there a place on the forum that I am missing to flip my photos, I hate posting upside down pics.

The top is original,  no side windows, the bows on the top need some work and new canvas.

My father in law is the 3 owner on the car and the milage of about 950 seems to be correct for the wear and tear and from the info he got from the 2nd owner. We got the car with about 750 miles on it, and my FIL bought it just south of 

Anchorage, AK. and trailered it back to Florida. The first owner lived near Atlanta, Ga. and sent the car to AK. via train and truck in about 28 or 29. The second owner was about 10 when the car arrived in AK.  He saw this car running around every summer for a few years then it vanished, he knew nothing about the car at that time. The first owner bought a new  car in the  early 30s and parked this one in a warehouse he owned. The second found out the car was still In the area, and in 1960, he bought it and just used it as a parade car and a few shows. 

If the value is in the 5-6 k range that's ok my wife and love the car and just want to offer her mom a fair price for it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, STJ said:

C Carl is there a place on the forum that I am missing to flip my photos, I hate posting upside down pics.

The top is 

10 hours ago, STJ said:

The first line is all I wa Ted. I am pretty burned out dealing with whatever is making difficulties for me here. At a bare minimum , I am dealing with the abysmal lack of human engineering on ALL iPad minis, and the software problems on my specific one.

Y pictures reside on my mini. The edit function allows me to rotate by any 90 degree increments. Where are your pictures stored ? Some things work wonderfully on this thing. I have some astonishing “fixes “ for the miserable deficiencies inherent in these iPad minis. I have done some similar work, and might be interested in making a significant profit from my solutions.  But I am old, and don’t really have time right now to even start procedures with my patent attorney. The grim reaper most likely will get me before Apple does.

Again, where do your pictures reside ?

From transferring your pictures to my photo album, and rotating in edit

26CEFF01-84EC-486D-922E-0BF9E222AAC0.jpeg

7DFF8A6B-7109-48D0-9EEE-5FC92050FEC1.jpeg

BB98D2FA-CFA6-4541-8BA9-43F8335065A0.jpeg

42F2A58C-7555-41C3-BC02-FD63660F0066.jpeg

69E820FF-1A03-4032-872E-ADD301135393.jpeg

90AB5289-B0D4-4479-8239-28C436F27E05.jpeg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Flivverking said:

I just saw a good driving "Plain Jane" Dodge Brothers touring of 1927 in near Identical shape in blue and black with a good top up, intact, but  the car maybe 10% crummier dirty overall ,sell in 3 days for $8,000 . asking $9,800.

Yeah, personally I have no idea, but my first instinct was 10-12k. Again, I have no idea what it's worth.

Posting box malfunctioned. Anyways, if it were mine I'd put the value closer to ten k

Any chance he was a U of M fan, that is their colors.

Edited by Locomobile (see edit history)