Free to a good home -Paying it forward

pkhammer

I invite anyone who has items that they'd like to find a good home for. Parts that you maybe have no use for anymore or can't identify that you hate to throw away. Recipient should pay shipping to receive the item(s). FIRST RESPONDER TO SAY THEY WANT THE ITEM GETS IT!!

To get the ball rolling I have an American Bosch 4 cylinder magneto. It is stuck and likely only usable for parts. Part number appears to be EDI V4.

Slip me $16 to cover a medium flat rate USPS box and it's yours. Check, Money Order or Paypal to cover shipping.

-Thanks,

102_6327.JPG

102_6328.JPG

102_6329.JPG

102_6330.JPG

102_6332.JPG

102_6333.JPG

Edited by pkhammer (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Thank you to pkhammer for starting this thread. My car is almost complete and I have no intention of keeping all of the duplicate parts that I have collected over the past 11 years to clutter up my garage. I also have no intention of starting a business to sell the items I have. 

• Like 2

Next item up is an incomplete set of pistons. Label is no longer legible but I found "1952 Pontiac 6 cyl." written on box. Pistons are Std. size. Will fit into a USPS medium flat rate box ($16) if anybody wants the four that are still in the box.

102_6334.JPG

102_6335.JPG

102_6336.JPG

• Like 3

Love the idea. So anyone can list free parts on this thread? 

Seems the title should say "Free parts thread - Pay only shipping cost"

I've skipped over it a few times till I seen the other thread then I circled back to this one. 
I'm sure once everyone knows about it the popularity will grow and the mods might even think about making it a sticky, although I'm pretty sure they want only one thread for each part (not sure why)..... I'm hoping  they can make a sticky out of the idea.

Again,  great idea.. thank you PK

Good luck on finding a new home for your parts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pkhammer said:

Looks like the pistons might be headed for the junk. Not so sure this was as good of idea as I first thought as it doesn't seem to be getting any traction with anyone else. 

Give it time. I think it's going to catch on. I know if I had a 6 cup Buick I'd have jumped on the pistons.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 11:15 AM, pkhammer said:

Looks like the pistons might be headed for the junk. Not so sure this was as good of idea as I first thought as it doesn't seem to be getting any traction with anyone else. 

A nice idea  but the same type "free" thread died a natural death in the Buick section not too far back, or it might have been given the coup de gras by a moderator. Forum is so cluttered I couldn't find it..................Bob

I just hate to see stuff get junked, and it happens all the time because people either don't know what to do with the stuff or they don't want to be bothered with hagglers and tire-kickers. I thought maybe it would be something that would work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1