For Sale - 1937 Cadillac Series 75 Limo on BaT

24 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

$37,000 now. He doesn't have enough heads for all the party hats he should be wearing at that price.

Let's see....4745 lbs shipping weight, $37K bid....that's less than $8 a pound! 

There's no telling how (or why) the BAT crowd will react to old cars. Lucky seller.

• Like 1

Seems like bat is hit or miss. Clearly, it is a lot of exposure.   Seems like you can get some good deals but then there are some real head scratchers.  I always wonder if the bidders have seen the cars and know something (either way) that is not presented.  

I don’t care about movie history but I wonder how that figures into it.  There was a similar 36-75 in Los Angels asking $25k on Craigslist in December.  

33 minutes ago, suchan said:

Sold for $38K.

How come there’s never a buyer around like that and I have something for sale?  🐳 🐋 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Those are wonderful, very advanced and elegant cars. Great drivers with huge brakes and remarkable handling for the times. Torsion anti-sway bars front and rear. I had one of these. On mine, the radio speaker was in the headliner above the windshield. The L.A. C.L. ad for this “Chinatown Special” contains a “typo”. The engine , of course, is a 346 and not 321. If I still had my money, I would fly down and take the long scenic road back. These cars are fast , too, if and when you need them to be. The first of the last series 346 flathead, and the last of the floor shift Cadillacs . Yes, it is a matter of individual taste, but I prefer a ‘37 75 over any ‘38-‘41 60S. I have had a ‘39 60S. Fine car, but to me , the big ‘37 75s , which obviously preserve more elements from the then recently left behind “Classic Era”, is preferable for exactly that reason. It is undeniable , however, that the introduction of the ‘38 60S was a remarkable example of industrial design. A beautiful and successful modern game changer. I remember seeing the ‘41 60s Cads in the late 40s, early 50s as a little kid, and they looked very modern , and easily every bit as elegant and pertinent and stylish as cars 10 years newer. But , personally, I am more into old than new. And I suppose that is also the reason I prefer the ‘38-‘40 60S over the more modern ‘41.          Cadillac !      Oh Cadillac,     -    Carl 

• Like 3

On 2/11/2021 at 4:37 PM, edinmass said:

37k for a 18K car.........

Seems like I was correct in my prophesy.

• Like 1

Ed, if you can find one of these in that great original condition, ‘48 or whatever later post-war improved 346 notwithstanding, for $18 grand , old and financially devastated as I am, I’ll find the bucks or rob a bank to buy it !         Thanking you in advance, your appreciative grateful forum friend,     -    Cadillac Carl 

P.S. Oh yeah : and it does not need to be a “movie star” either. I’m just in the game for the cars. The only owner of any car that makes any difference to me, is ME ! 

Edited by C Carl
Add P.S. (see edit history)

1 hour ago, C Carl said:

Ed, if you can find one of these in that great original condition, ‘48 or whatever later post-war improved 346 notwithstanding, for $18 grand , old and financially devastated as I am, I’ll find the bucks or rob a bank to buy it !         Thanking you in advance, your appreciative grateful forum friend,     -    Cadillac Carl 

P.S. Oh yeah : and it does not need to be a “movie star” either. I’m just in the game for the cars. The only owner of any car that makes any difference to me, is ME ! 

How about a 36-v12 for $5k more than $18k.   With a ccca senior badge. 

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/af19/auburn-fall/lots/r0183-1936-cadillac-series-85-seven-passenger-touring-sedan/795452

To be fair, the dealer is asking a multiple of this right now.  

I agree  that any 36-41 seventy five is a great car and I personally prefer them to the 60 specials of the era.  

It’s stunning how the late 30’s Cadillacs have fallen in value. It’s back to prices from the late 70’s.

• 5 weeks later...