For Sale: 1950 Plymouth Business Coupe 100% original, runs great , no problems - $7,000 - Omaha, NE - Not Mine

For Sale: 1950 Plymouth Business Coupe 100% original, runs great , no problems - $7,000 - Omaha, NE 

https://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/d/omaha-100-original-1950-plymouth/7225343355.html

This is Daisy a classic car naturalists dream car. Her flat 6 engine has never even been rebuilt and she runs like a dream , in such good shape cranks every time , reliable , extra parts , all paperwork original 1950 tag , original paint . Literally love this car . Worth way more than I’m asking , all I ask is that you love her as much as I have . 58,000 original miles original paint . The only thing on this baby that’s not off the showroom floor is the plugs wires and battery.  I’m proud of my baby and have every receipt on every service since 1950, extra finders (brand new ) extra light covers bulbs all in the original 1950s packaging . A deal for the ages but my wife has other plans lol guys you know how that is , happy wife happy life . Love to take you for a spin in her ! Please only serious car guys or gals if you don’t have the $$ please don’t call , Daisy's worth about twice what I’m asking so not that I won’t negotiate with the right buyer but I’m fairly stern on my price , if I like you we can wiggle a bit . God bless.

Copy and paste in your email:  0d4608875de536c993c27fd2b39046cc@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1950 Plymouth Business Coupe.

'50 Plymouth buisness coupe NE a.jpg

'50 Plymouth buisness coupe NE b.jpg

'50 Plymouth buisness coupe NE c.jpg

'50 Plymouth buisness coupe NE d.jpg

• Like 1

I like the car.......bought a 12k mile unmolested car just like in in 1982 for 450 dollars. It was great fun, and the car is still around.......but now hot rodded. 

10 hours ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

I bought “The Bump” for $100 in 1972, drove it to college for a year. Would like one again but not this one that is for sale.......

0F4A35DC-6665-4A48-A065-6F7985C19956.jpeg

At least you got the 51 business coupe.   Borderline cool.   My dad (bless him)  bought me the 49 2 door special deluxe with 9k original miles.   Not cool if you dropped it in the arctic.

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

My dad (bless him)  bought me the 49 2 door special deluxe with 9k original miles.   Not cool if you dropped it in the arctic.

I'll take it. Not then but now I sure would. 

I had a lot of cool stuff when young......most of it for a very short time. Buy.....fix....sell.......flip,flip,flip. It was the only way to accumulate cash working for 75 cents and hour in 1978-1979.  Family business...........the one perk......a dealer plate came with the job. That was fantastic in Massachusetts as no taxes, no title, and insurance would have cost me 600 a year minimum. Another benefit.......any tickets went to the company and NOT on my drivers license..........so speeding tickets were no big deal as there was no way for them to suspend me. That saved me thousands of dollars..........had a bad habit of street racing back then.......(safely....not near the public.) Unfortunately I never photographed stuff back then.........it’s a shame......69 Big Block pace car, Judge, W-30, Avanti, XJ-140 crap box, I won’t mention the stuff we ruined racing and in demolition derby’s. I must have went through 20 Mustangs from 64 1/2 to 72. Mach 1’s. Never had the money to keep them, but it was an era when 200 bucks would buy you a toy and endless fun. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, edinmass said:

I had a lot of cool stuff when young......most of it for a very short time. Buy.....fix....sell.......flip,flip,flip. It was the only way to accumulate cash working for 75 cents and hour in 1978-1979.  Family business...........the one perk......a dealer plate came with the job. That was fantastic in Massachusetts as no taxes, no title, and insurance would have cost me 600 a year minimum. Another benefit.......any tickets went to the company and NOT on my drivers license..........so speeding tickets were no big deal as there was no way for them to suspend me. That saved me thousands of dollars..........had a bad habit of street racing back then.......(safely....not near the public.) Unfortunately I never photographed stuff back then.........it’s a shame......69 Big Block pace car, Judge, W-30, Avanti, XJ-140 crap box, I won’t mention the stuff we ruined racing and in demolition derby’s. I must have went through 20 Mustangs from 64 1/2 to 72. Mach 1’s. Never had the money to keep them, but it was an era when 200 bucks would buy you a toy and endless fun. 

This sounds very familiar only about 15 years prior.

There used to be a wrecking yard near me that usually had a runner for 35 to 50 bucks. I bought a lot of cars there. sometimes two or three a week.

Went thru a couple of these early Plymouth coupes.

Do a little clean up, maybe get the lights working, sell for a hundred and had plenty to blow on the weekends.

In the sixties there was no insurance requirement.

Ahh, the old good days.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...