Not exactly a garage but......

Finish spreading the rock. Next will be running outdoor Accent lightning, minor landscaping and mulch. Now is time to claim back the enclosed trailer that is at a friend’s house. He has been using it to store his new three wheeler bike. Pretty sure he would be disappointed.

DEFF209F-488B-4709-8689-E7BD79DEE0A4.jpeg

• Like 4

Looks like a tight fit.........I think I would want a back up camera on the trailer.........its easy to get sideways and scrape in a long narrow area. 

17 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Looks like a tight fit.........I think I would want a back up camera on the trailer.........its easy to get sideways and scrape in a long narrow area. 

No room for errors here! I would have to come straight as an arrow from the street. I have about a foot and a half on each side. Don’t have a camera but for sure a live person will be back there

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Elpad said:

Don’t have a camera but for sure a live person will be back there

Lookin good!!!!!

There are two things that test a marriage, having kids and backing a trailer. Rita doesn't always help me back the camper but when she does, things generally get much worse. 😬🤣

Here's what you do. Once the stone you just leveled out has settled, go to a stone store and buy some 3-5 inch river stone. Half-bury a line of them a couple feet apart, along the drivers side outside wheel path of the trailer. Keep your eye on the trailer tires moving along those rocks and have a good size wheel chuck at the end. 

Is that angular rock you put down? I used river pebble in my camper shed and every time I kneel down to check wheel lug torque and/or tire pressure am soooo glad I did. It's perty to....   😊

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Thanks for the advice Lamar. My son looked at the space today and just told me the same words Ben recently posted. So since he lives two houses away, I will utilize him at large when needed. Is not everyday I will be using the trailer once is parked. I guess I will be checking tire pressure just few feet forward on top of the concrete slab 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Looks great Al, the Gem fits well with plenty of room to party around it. Love the brickwork

ps: looks like TS Eta may be about to test your drainage, settle the mulch and water your plants well.

This is the rest of my backyard. The trailer space is beyond the white fence and down four steps. Regarding the TS Eta upcoming winds, I have an African Mahogany tree 🌳 that provides shade to the patio area. I have lost lots of branches over different storms seasons. In anticipation of 50 MPH winds, I spent yesterday morning uplifting and securing some branches with aircraft cables. Hope it works

A22A9F73-25F6-4EA2-802F-B5C04AF07693.jpeg

7B9C02B2-9F52-4A6D-BDA9-5F835FE11548.jpeg

Brought the car trailer to the wall enclosure, it fit like a glove given the space I originally had to work with. I can walk thru one side to access the rear door which is pictured in the open position. I can even open the side escape door that will even open over the retaining wall. It was easy to back up the trailer aligning the side with the retaining wall.

763DFAB0-2E58-4CAB-AB8C-32A85B0E94A4.jpeg

3D2BE060-74AE-4E36-AFDE-E33CEC41C314.jpeg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Good job backing, looks pretty square too! I have plenty of room in my shed for the Argosy but can't stand for it not to be square with and parallel to the building. Great job overall Al. Did you have plans drawn for this or just build as you go.

I had a survey, plans and permits. It was built as planned.

• 4 weeks later...

“Floratam” grass, a popular variety of St. Augustine sod grass was finally planted in the area. I have to water it twice a day for about 10 minutes for 7 to 10 days to settle the rooting system. I guess retirement time comes in handy

A5F8C763-5DDF-43E6-9932-45E9A8D4EA98.jpeg

1F79D72E-9EF0-49F5-B50D-967D2057C506.jpeg

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...