Not exactly a garage but......

8 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Tunnel out to the sewer line some night and tie on and you're all set for me to back the Argosy in and boondock a week or so. ! :D

Looking great Al. How thick is the concrete pad going to be. 

No can do sewer line as much as I want but now I seat too low and the closest line is about 4' higher. If I start at street level, I would have to dig the whole front yard through existing retaining walls and brick driveway to tie in. Need more than one night job and much $$$$. So I figure is not worth it and must self contain till flush. My son has a sewer set up two houses away so I can use his if I have to dump gray/black water. But you are welcome any time to park the Argosy and stay, free partial hook up! The concrete contractor wants to pour 4" fiberglass reinforced 3500 PSI. I wanted 6" but too expensive. Still entertaining the way to go. BTW had wall final County inspection today, the inspector must be a Georgia guy...he was a peach and was impressed about the final outcome.

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Just came back from a weekend camping trip and sneaked (snuck) the RV Inside the walls compound for the first time to see how it would fit. Did this at night not to alarm the neighbors. Plenty of room even with the slide out. Pleased with the results so far. Will take pics on the daytime to share. Electrician will come tomorrow for connections. Looking forward to finish this project so I can move on to the Buick!

DBD44D50-D27A-42EF-B6EC-DAC44F00FEEF.jpeg

847B1321-CBB5-439A-979E-69CF67F93180.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, old-tank said:

Appears that you were really roughing it.

Not really, I guess every time we use the RV we automatically called 🏕 camping but we just used the RV as sleeping quarters at a nearby campground to and near Long Boat Key, Fl. where we spend two days at a beach resort where the kids, who rented for the long weekend, paid over a grand for the stay while I paid $35.00 a night for 3 nights. Towing the Miata to travel back and forth was fun and the 5 cylinder turbo diesel mini coach did 14.2 MPG. Can’t beat that on a retirement income.

• Like 1

The overall project came out nice, clean, and looks well done. I can’t figure out what is in front of the gate going to the sidewalk........is it loam that will have grass? Crushed stone or gravel? With the corner and no curb, it’s obviously an easy in and out. Will the city make you plant grass?

2 hours ago, Elpad said:

Not really, I guess every time we use the RV we automatically called 🏕 camping but we just used the RV as sleeping quarters at a nearby campground to and near Long Boat Key, Fl. where we spend two days at a beach resort where the kids, who rented for the long weekend, paid over a grand for the stay while I paid $35.00 a night for 3 nights. Towing the Miata to travel back and forth was fun and the 5 cylinder turbo diesel mini coach did 14.2 MPG. Can’t beat that on a retirement income.

The wall looks GREAT!  But I think you paid more than $35.00 per night for your stay, unless you got the camper for free, and pay $0.00 for fuel, insurance, and maintenance.  Don't forget the cost of this project just to bring it home.  And also the costs to clean it and prep for your next trip.   

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

The wall looks GREAT!  But I think you paid more than $35.00 per night for your stay, unless you got the camper for free, and pay $0.00 for fuel, insurance, and maintenance.  Don't forget the cost of this project just to bring it home.  And also the costs to clean it and prep for your next trip.   

You are absolutely right:

1- Monthly payment $$$
2- Fuel, this trip aprox $65

3- Food brought from home $0

4- Case of beer $20.00

5- Dining out one night only $50.00
6- Insurance? Don’t tell anybody but I remember on the way back that I forgot to make a call and take it out of storage mode. What a gamble $25.00.

7-Cleaning and prep For next trip (to be done by myself) $0

8- Storage within walls now now? (Wall is an investment and increased property value)$0 

9- Maintenance? Only one oil change so far. 3 gallons of Rotella & an oil filter. Just clocked 6,000 miles.

10- Getting together with family on long weekend... Priceless!

Can’t missed me, blue shirt, blue beer 🍺 bottle.

20AC5ED2-AED2-4995-B4B6-5E679E2C4911.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edinmass said:

The overall project came out nice, clean, and looks well done. I can’t figure out what is in front of the gate going to the sidewalk........is it loam that will have grass? Crushed stone or gravel? With the corner and no curb, it’s obviously an easy in and out. Will the city make you plant grass?

Is 50-50 top soil will cover with grass since is an occasional in & out. Will do that after I pour the slab

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Probably not enough in and out to warrant something like This

Had plans this year to roll the RV all the way West to visit various canyons parks as part of retirement  but as you know 2020 had been a total disaster and the trip scrapped. Planning for next year and you know GA is always in my mind. As far as “In  & Out” you just made me crave those hamburgers in CA. Lol!!

South Florida “hot grasses” like St. Augustine and Palmetto are mostly grown on sod farms around Lake Ockechobee. When harvested, it usually comes in 16 X 24” Pieces and with its own soil which is about 2” thick. The grass will develop a shallow root system that will attach to mostly any ground surface specially to rich top soil. I ordered 12 yards of 50-50 top soil to replenish the plant beds created by the retaining walls and spread the left over in top of the rock fill base. I will plant the “Palmetto” type that is designed for full sun or partial shade. 50-50 soil     will nourish the root system and won’t hurt if you can spread a thin layer on top.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 6:19 PM, Elpad said:

Oh, I don't know about that.  This is what we drive/camp in for about 20 miles/gallon. Our VW Westfalia camper, AKA the ultimate hippie mobile.

image000000 (35).jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, old-tank said:

No steel?

Fiber

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

Did anyone put my initials and date in it? It’s all in the details to make things right! 👍

No initials just date on the pictures 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got me 10 tons of Florida #57 rock to be spread over the rest of the space where the 24’ enclosed car trailer will be parked. This will help with drainage. Have the shovel and wheel borrow ready for the task. 

01E31C7D-3C1C-456B-BD74-734CC6766DE3.jpeg

2A73CF3C-601D-4C79-9EBF-FB07C2029BF7.jpeg

8 hours ago, edinmass said:

My hands are bleeding just looking at the pile of stone.........

Got the work cut out for me. I could bring a skid loader but don’t want to deal with ugly tires skid marks on the new concrete pad.

• Like 1