Not exactly a garage but......

Interesting on how the corner is...........the city will not have much of an opportunity to hassle you as any solution they try to impose probably just won’t work..........you may have them beat. I would definitely run a gate for a screen......even if it is very light weight. Also, as soon as possible, I would put my grill and a picnic table there........let them think it’s a yard expansion. I would finish it 100 percent and let a bit of time go by before I parked anything there. I would start with the RV and let it fly by itself for a few months. The trailer will draw ten times the reaction than the camper. Like the camper......Perfect size. 

41 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Interesting on how the corner is...........the city will not have much of an opportunity to hassle you as any solution they try to impose probably just won’t work..........you may have them beat. I would definitely run a gate for a screen......even if it is very light weight. Also, as soon as possible, I would put my grill and a picnic table there........let them think it’s a yard expansion. I would finish it 100 percent and let a bit of time go by before I parked anything there. I would start with the RV and let it fly by itself for a few months. The trailer will draw ten times the reaction than the camper. Like the camper......Perfect size. 

Luckily I leave in what is call unincorporated county and not in one of the multi cities that comprehend the whole county. Even thought they have ordinances, they are more relaxed than a city ordinance. Here they let you have a trailer, a boat as long if is not longer of 30’ (have to double check on that) as long as is behind a gated enclosed yard. An RV is a different story due to some people are using as additional income housing with a “family in town’ excuse. I have never had any problems even when it was parked on the house driveway for about a year. Neighbors do not have a problem so I think parked behind the walls it will be more appealing to them. After all they are the ones that could complain. Will see. I like the BBQ and the picnic table. You all come down will throw a 🎉 

• Like 1

It’s interesting how being in a city vs unincorporated make life easy or difficult as a homeowner. I was looking at a place near by, and just one street over there are no county or city restrictions............build what you want. Five hundred feet to the west......your a criminal if you want a shed. Due diligence is the name of the game. Where I was up north, there was no side yard parking of any type.

• Like 1

So far all neighbors are given me the 👍 I believe they are going to like the finish product. They are already thanking me for increasing their property values. I believe in regulations but not the ones that do not make any sense.

• Like 4

Built 6 dummy 2x4 covered with 5/8” plywood lids attached with tapcons to the existing concrete footing (remember the 40” wide permit required?) This will be covered by fill when they come today to level the ground. Possible steel column base in case I decide to built a future canopy or roof.

3781CDFD-EB72-4B4D-BDFC-3B05899A2DE3.jpeg

• Like 3

The other two boxes are in the front. Driving to the paint store to see about primer sealer and paint or paint already mixed with primer. What do you guys 🤔. Almost time to paint.

E58D6D61-6AEC-4FE5-AE0D-A905BCF803AA.jpeg

• Like 1

This is what I used as primer tinted to match the paint color. I ran out of primer (5 gal pail) after covering the larger walls inside and out. I will need about another gallon to finish the 3.5 walls, one side only. Paint is next

9DA1EBB8-F080-4A7F-92DE-80D1AB8D6966.jpeg

18C8A330-51A4-4C4C-AC83-0705D451A7AF.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

Looks real nice.  I am just catching up and I see that you went to Schreiner for school.  I live in Kerrville and it has not changed. 

Still a great place to live.

Man, I missed that gorgeous area. While in school there we used to go to Junction,TX to buy Coors 🍺 since that’s about east they delivered from Colorado  back in 1973. That was only once a month since $ was tight in the meantime we had to settle for Boone’s Farm cheap 🍷 

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

Land rock fill was spread. Next will be gate and exterior landscaping for final inspection. After final then I will continue with ground. A concrete slab will probably be installed on the widest part of the project and the rest of the area will probably be cover with medium sized gray pebbles.

D7601F43-3B24-4510-8A85-8088881590B0.jpeg

B417DDAD-7A6D-4AAF-94F2-CDD3CBEBEAF7.jpeg

• Like 4

Looks very nice, and well done. The curb cut issue up north would cause a sxxt storm, as well as the side yard setback on a corner lot.....but that’s why people up north are moving south..........only problem is they are bring the same bad ideas with them when they plant roots. Notice.....no politics..........just comments on zoning. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Looks very nice, and well done. The curb cut issue up north would cause a sxxt storm, as well as the side yard setback on a corner lot.....but that’s why people up north are moving south..........only problem is they are bring the same bad ideas with them when they plant roots. Notice.....no politics..........just comments on zoning. 

Not finish yet, have to fill all planting bed space created by building the retaining walls as well as some landscaping. Plus need to finish Inside ground covering. A combination of concrete slab and decorative stones are planned. The Buick I’m building still on hold due to this project that is time consuming

• Like 1

4 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

The wall is beautiful.  Great idea for keeping your cars and other toys close to home! 

Still at it, not easy shoveling 12 yards of soil and a yard of sand  and wheeling into newly formed plant beds that are 3.5’ deep and over the wall. All this on 95 plus degrees weather. I must have drank over a gallon of water throughout the day to keep hydrated. 

• Like 4

Inside front view of the RV space. A concrete slab is next. The “H” bracket is for a 125 AMP power outlet panel that houses 50, 30 and 20 amps receptacles for the motorhome. Water supply was also added. How about that “Moon over Miami”? 

46E9A8B2-60DC-46B4-93D5-187D333B1AED.jpeg

EB9A35E7-ECA5-4B12-A7E3-674685E5D7AA.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1