Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

7 hours ago, George K said:

Sold when I looked. Really great period to have been in California. Golden era in American performance in what was the Golden State.

It is not sold.  He took it down because I told him everybody was going steal his pictures unless he watermarked them or changed the resolution.  It will be back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

McFarlan.

s-l640.jpg

I was just reading about McFarlan a day or two ago. They had specs and price similar to the Locomobiles of that era. I wonder if there’s enough interest for you or someone else to start a McFarlan thread similar to some of the other low production makes that have a thread on this site?

big impressive cars. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

It is not sold.  He took it down because I told him everybody was going steal his pictures unless he watermarked them or changed the resolution.  It will be back.

I just went to the old link and anyone can still look at the original photos.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Bringing that McFarlan out of the fog...

19-teens McFarlan.jpg

Teeter Hartley engine in McFarlan. There were a couple in Minnesota years ago. One was a roadster. Real nuts and bolty engines. Impressive size but not much more. Shares an engine in the same period Maxim fire truck.158888B6-29C2-4C21-97FB-53234FABF27B.jpeg.58f64db8a9142fc4146ba83417db16fc.jpeg67A8CA45-DD37-44C5-913E-657F04745FD2.jpeg.7a83742ab230bcef12fb5a628440a0ac.jpeg

0F969B40-C8A4-4747-BDCD-AC80ECE139D0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, John Bloom said:

I was just reading about McFarlan a day or two ago. They had specs and price similar to the Locomobiles of that era. I wonder if there’s enough interest for you or someone else to start a McFarlan thread similar to some of the other low production makes that have a thread on this site?

big impressive cars. 

My late uncle was quite a huge boxing fan, at least in his youth. I knew that Jack Dempsey had a McFarlan. My uncle thougt that Muhammed Ali was greater than Dempsey. McFarlan vs. Claymobile in my opinion... 

Edited by Casper Friederich (see edit history)

14 hours ago, George K said:

Sold when I looked. Really great period to have been in California. Golden era in American performance in what was the Golden State.

Thanks for the link, some great late 1930's builds, hope it went to  a person that is into that stuff. 

Submitted for your approval, the Lehigh Valley Railroad station at Interlaken, New York.   North of their Sayre, PA yards and shops, the Lehigh Valley Railroad had multiple lines up through the Finger Lakes region, one which served the Ithaca, NY community and colleges on which Interlaken was 17 miles north between Seneca and Cayuga Lakes.

Rod Serling, creator of 1960's The Twilight Zone television show, had a home in the Interlaken area where he wrote many of the scripts for the show. 

'10's Interlaken, NY Lehigh Valley RR & cars.jpg

• Like 2