Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

Charles Lindbergh

Col. Charles Lindbergh entering his car at Newark Airport after flight from Washington, D. C., where he testified at trial of Gaston Means and Norman T. Whitaker. Lindy told court tragic story of son's kidnaping. (Photo By: Daily News/NY Daily News Via Getty Images)

Nuvolari in MG Magnette K3 winner 1933 Ulster T T Creator Unknown

Nuvolari in MG Magnette K3 winner 1933 Ulster T T Creator Unknown
Charles Lindbergh

Charles Lindbergh

1 hour ago, John_Mereness said:

1929-Cadillac-Fleetwood-Sport-Cabriolet.jpg.ae015be6944abd960654d2dca252b3c8.jpg

Recently discovered in a warehouse where it has been languishing for the last fifty years. Has a 1965 nasty repaint. I have recent photos but am unable to share them. It’s ugly in a terrible metal flake off red barf color.........I placed a value on it for the picker who dug it up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting photo of the Lincoln touring car with the Bolshoi Theater in the background.  Very close to where that Lincoln is sitting is where a Soviet passenger bus damaged the left front of my '76 Mustang in early 1978.  In those days I was posted at the American Embassy as a communications officer.  The Soviet bus driver was at fault for the accident.  A Moscow police car arrived and hauled the bus driver to jail, leaving the passengers on the out-of-town bus without a driver.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 1:37 PM, Marty Roth said:

Jonathan,

A belated welcome to our FORUM, and thank you for the submission - impressive and important that items like this are made available.

Hope your career change remains positive,

and thanks again for your help when my cousin Ron bought his '30 Packard 733 Phaeton a few years back at Hershey

Hi Marty! Yes I have been fortunate to have many visits to the Detroit Public Library and this particular visit was the first after they opened after two years closure so there was a lot of need to dig for photos on behalf of a number of customers and thanks to new technology it is possible to make a lot of this material more widely available. 

I am grateful for all the many years of educational opportunities that preceded it but yes hanging out my own shingle has proven to be a great career decision and the future remains bright. 

Hope you are well and that we get to visit once life returns to normal!

Jonathan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

Recently discovered in a warehouse where it has been languishing for the last fifty years. Has a 1965 nasty repaint. I have recent photos but am unable to share them. It’s ugly in a terrible metal flake off red barf color.........I placed a value on it for the picker who dug it up.

I like the looks of it, who is the coach builder? Upholstery and Chrome will be expensive parts of the restoration. Bob