Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

Hello, 

I am a new member and looking to contact member StanleyRegister regarding a photo he posted on this thread some years ago. However, I have not posted enough to be able to send private messages to other members.

@StanleyRegister - if you see this, would you mind getting in touch with me at dswig@hagerty.com ? 

Alternatively, if anyone on the forum would be kind enough to put me in touch with StanleyRegister, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you,

David Swig

dswig@hagerty.com

On 7/4/2024 at 2:54 PM, nzcarnerd said:

Nelson, New Zealand, 1932-33 by the registration plates. Cars waiting for passengers to disembark from the daily ferry from Wellington.

Most of the cars are readily identifiable but the big sedan with the three-bar bumper is still a mystery.

Nelson wharf 32-33.jpg

Nelson wharf 32-33 crop.jpg

It has been suggested to me that the three bar bumper car might be a Paige.

20 hours ago, davidswig said:

Hello, 

I am a new member and looking to contact member StanleyRegister regarding a photo he posted on this thread some years ago. However, I have not posted enough to be able to send private messages to other members.

@StanleyRegister - if you see this, would you mind getting in touch with me at dswig@hagerty.com ? 

Alternatively, if anyone on the forum would be kind enough to put me in touch with StanleyRegister, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you,

David Swig

dswig@hagerty.com

Got connected.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Dave Mellor NJ said:

Ever seen woodlights on a bus?

I don’t know, but I have seen them on whatever this thing is.  

scan0001.jpgThe photo is from an Undiscovered Classics article on the vehicle. Interesting read. 

Edited by 57Classic (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Even though this Australian postcard photo was taken post WW2 most of the vehicles in it are pre-war.

On the right is a Willys 77 roadster, a body style not built by the US factory as far as I know. These were bodied by Holdens who, even though they became part of GM in 1931, continued to build bodies for other makes most of the way through the 1930s. My Holden history book says they made just over 300 roadster bodies for Willys in the 1934-37 period.

I am not sure what the convertible on the left of the photo is.

In the far background is a circa 1947 Chevrolet coupe utility. 

450088661_3630723347142550_4547288945878737117_n.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, motoringicons said:

That is a great photo. How long did the make Moxie? 1950s or ??? I have heard about it but never had any!!!

From 1876 to........still going. Amazon sells it if you can't find it in your area.

Moxie.jpg

Edited by hook
left out (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 7/8/2024 at 9:26 AM, RetroPetro said:

IMG_0308.jpeg

1917 or 1918 pre-starter model T Ford center-door sedan. It appears to have an after-market crank handle holder down by the radiator.

The front wheels look a little odd. I think they are after-market Firestone type (made by several companies including Perlman) demountable rim wheels. Zooming in, I am fairly sure I can see two lug clamps for the rims. Ford did not offer demountable wheels until about 1919, at which point they became standard equipment on the sedan and coupe models. Demountable wheels became an option for runabouts and touring cars a few months later in mid 1919 model year.

It appears to be inside an automobile supplies store. Makes me wonder what other accessories the car may have off camera?

Edited by wayne sheldon
I hate leaving typos! (see edit history)
  • Like 4