Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

5 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

Looks like an early 1920s Paige hiding in the background! 

Good eye, Wayne.  The drum headlights make it a late 1921 or a 1922 6-66.  The lack of a sidemounted spare means it's not a 1923.

19 hours ago, Grimy said:

Good eye, Wayne.  The drum headlights make it a late 1921 or a 1922 6-66.  The lack of a sidemounted spare means it's not a 1923.

Caption stated the truck in the distance was a White (which is why I posted it in the stream of White trucks). 

Here's the photo for comparison so the viewer doesn't have to flip back and forth.

MacDonald & Kahn Inc also did work on the Hoover Dam, so I'm sure if one likes to dig deep into research (you know I will) then we can probably find the trucks they used and might even find the exact truck in the photo. After considering the work on the Hoover Dam this small street job must have seemed like a patch job of sorts for these men.

Historic Construction Company Project: Building the Hoover Dam

image.png.f1ac3032d5d38e6139397754f7997147.png

The same companies also built the Six Companies Railroad that helped form Las Vegas

Six Companies - Wikipedia

image.png.84955163fb8dff5319e647b02c3960e3.png

Some of the work performed during the construction of the Hoover Dam lead to the demise of St Thomas, a little known town at the bottom of Lake Meade.

A photo of the town St Thomas 

12.jpg

And some of the Mormon folk that lived there at one time (lest we forget the sacrifice in order to feed millions that would folllow)

13.jpg

Aerial photo of the town during the recent drought. Some of you may recall from recent news stories. 

17.jpg

So yes, the photo I posted seems to have a much more meaningful history than I'd originally known. 
Amazing what you find when you start researching these great photos.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2