Buick Bentley what is it ? I have never heard of one.

Mark Gregory

Description

1931 Buick Bentley limousine in great condition needs finishing. New seats new canvas roof.engine was running 2 years ago when I parked it .body is mint no holes and no bondo all wood including the wheels is perfect . $10 500 O.B.O. call willis @519 716 2600

image.png.c15105213af53759097d5e142ea53045.png

If it is an American Buick it could come across the border easily. A McLaughlin with a Bentley grille could really be a handful or worms.

Significantly newer grille, not a bad fit.

I sold one of those grilles a couple year ago.

02626.thumb.jpg.8519d8a7ab9bd845cd8d0ad1a8c492fa.jpg

Convincing Buick/Bentley ornament as well.

005.thumb.JPG.bdd2c7b665d86d48bc1fd0c50e090751.JPG

Bernie

22 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

A 1931 Buick with a Bentley grille grafted on somehow.

Maybe the '30s equivalent of those offensive Cadillacs with the giant Rolls-Royce type grilles?

10_178680.jpg

Matt, you should have a prefect opportunity. Drive one of those Eldorado's, park it and get right into a Silver Shadow and take it for a ride. SS model came out in '66. Knock off grille on a knock off car.

21 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

Matt, you should have a prefect opportunity. Drive one of those Eldorado's, park it and get right into a Silver Shadow and take it for a ride. SS model came out in '66. Knock off grille on a knock off car.

Yeah, but I can afford a brake job on an Eldorado.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

A 1931 Buick with a Bentley grille grafted on somehow.

Maybe the '30s equivalent of those offensive Cadillacs with the giant Rolls-Royce type grilles?

10_178680.jpg

3 hours ago, Mark Gregory said:

Description

1931 Buick Bentley limousine in great condition needs finishing. New seats new canvas roof.engine was running 2 years ago when I parked it .body is mint no holes and no bondo all wood including the wheels is perfect . $10 500 O.B.O. call willis @519 716 2600

image.png.c15105213af53759097d5e142ea53045.png

Reminds me of the 80s when a bunch of early 50s Bentleys found their way here. One, a real rust bucket, ended up at our shop. It needed serious engine work and major rot repairs. Thw owner  annopunced that he wanted us to do "THE CONVERSION"?????? Soon a box shows up from a noted RR guy in SoCal a buddy of Jay Leno and builder of odd ball giant cars. I'll call him GW. In he box is a cheezy looking RR radiator shell and a batch of shitty stickers with the RR logo to cover the B on the hubcaps and the Bentley script on the rocker cover. When installed it looked just like a Rolls from a distance.............................. of a mile!?!?! GW was kind enough to stop by, in person, to pick up the flawless original shell, big Lucas driving lamp badge bar with assorted badges, all of which were "cores" for "THE CONVERSION" I don't know if RR filed action though they should have put out a contract

• Haha 1

South African car

1921 Rolls with an early '39 Buick body [later 39 & 40 had bigger wiper transmission]

1921Rolls-buick Rolls_Royce_21_Silver_Ghost_Buick_Black.jpg

Source:  http://www.saclassic.co.za/classic-rolls-royce-bentley-south-africa/

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

This reminds me, oh so many years ago (I think about 45 years ago?), at an antique and collector cars for sale and show. There was a '50s Austin Princess limousine, with a Rolls Royce grille grafted in place of the original Austin Grille. It was impressive, from a few feet away, if someone didn't know better. Get up close, the hood didn't fit the shell. Some effort was made to fill gaps and shapes with painted wood (Actually sounds worse than it really looked, if you didn't look close?). The car had the Austin Princess ("P") hubcaps, and several other giveaway details. The car was really in fine shape, interior was very nice. I just kept thinking how much better it would have been to have had the correct shell up front.

I wonder whatever became of that car?

6 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

There was a '50s Austin Princess limousine, with a Rolls Royce grille grafted in place of the original Austin Grille

I have seen that done with a 1965 Vanden Plas Princess 4-Liter R, with some justification.  The 'R' at the end of the long title does stand for the Rolls Royce 6-cylinder 4-liter Scout engine that was under the hood of them, but that Rolls Royce grille grafted onto the front of it did absolutely nothing for the looks.

Craig