Melding Hobbies

avgwarhawk

For Christmas my daughter gave me a beer brew kit.  I made my first batch of IPA that is quite good if I may say so.  The missus said I need to make a label for the bottled beer. I did not think much about it until today. Why? Because I have another batch fermenting and will begin a second batch this week. In short, I now have a winter time hobby.  I need one since my summertime hobby sit in the garage.   I melded the two hobbies!  The label for my brew:

IMG_20200119_125158.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

Nice looking label for sure.

I started making beer about 10 years ago and haven't stopped. I have an Irish ale and an IPA ready to bottle. Maybe that will happen today.

My wife hates the smell of the  hops so I had to put in another kitchen in the basement for brewing. The exhaust fan does a good job if venting, so everyone is happy now.

Long live "Black Buick Brewing"

Bill

• Like 3

A lot of fun could be had using Buick parts and such to describe the beer label for the  brew contained within. 

1.  7.5% ABV stout Nailhead. 

2.  5% ABV Ale Dynaflow ATM Fluid.

3.  14% ABV porter Torque Tube. 

4. Imperial stout Roadmaster. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've got my  glass ready to sample the "322 Crank Case Oil"

IMG_4085.jpg.3103795ccf21052d3ea4cda86aa9d185.jpg

I bottle condition my beer in the spare bathroom shower. That way in case it over carbonates the damage can be controlled. I did have a batch of Holiday Ale explode once. Not a happy site. An entire case blew and there was broken glass and beer in the shower, outside the shower, in the hallway, on the ceiling, on the bedroom carpet........everywhere

I haven't made labels in a few years, but here's one of mine that I saved:

IMG_4087.jpg.d0a70f6f3513bd32554aa3919e75ba4d.jpg

If you are coming to the National Meet in Cleveland this July, we'll have to arrange a sampling evening.

Also, you have to visit Great Lakes Brewing from Cleveland. I you need a 'DD' I could be talked into taking care of that for you.

I like their Eliot Ness Amber Lager and  Commodore Perry IPA the best.

Let us know how it tastes when you get it bottled. I bet you start making 5 gallon batches soon.

Thanks for sharing.

Bill

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to laugh at your beer bottle conditioning in the shower.  I have a conical two gallon fermenter sitting next to the bed. Just put it there to warm it up as fermentation is struggling.  My wife asked what I was doing upstairs.  I told her I was putting my fementer by the bed. She just laughed.  At this moment I have beer conditioning in the bottle inside a cooler.  If any want to become bottle bombs they will be contained in the cooler.  First batch I have brewed.  So far so good.  I have a Hefeweizen and brown ale fermenting.  I'm not sure if I will go to 5 gallons because of size of kettle and bringing to a boil, etc.  Cools labels! 

• Like 2