Motorama Show Car

D Yaros

Having noted the auction text to the effect that this car, as a 1955 prototype, incorporated some 1954 features, I found it an irresistible "I Spy" challenge to ferret out such features.  Head hanging and eyes cast down, I must admit that I could find only two:  the 1954-style engine oil filler planted in the valley cover, as opposed to the 1955 dual filler/breather caps in the rocker covers; and the plain 1954 brake pedal pad, as opposed the 1955 version that boldly proclaims "Power Brake."

Can anyone here top my lackluster results?  

I suggest that you verify "your" information more carefully before making your "I Spy" observations.  Many like you seem to have a lot to learn about Buicks. The only cars that had a pedal that said (Power Brakes) were cars that had Power Brakes;  a Treadlevac system that was complicated.  Many 1954 to 1956 Buicks were produced without them and had a (plain Brake pedal). I also own another 55 Century Tourback sedan that has a plain brake pedal.   Additionally, you missed another difference in the photos; it has a 1954 radiator. There are a few more differences if you choose to look carefully.

• Like 1

I was parked next to this car at the 2012 meet in Concord, NC with my production 4 dr hardtop  model 63 where we compared differences.  The most notable differences were the door panels and cloth pattern.  I hope that whoever buys this car will bring it to some National meets so we can compare again.

Maybe this should end up in Henry Shane's "Cars of Yesteryear" collection in Metairie, Louisiana,

alongside the 1954 which Charles Coker also owned as part of the famed Harrah's collection -

reputedly built for Bill Harrah