1931 Chrysler CD8 Parts

I cleaned out the estate of a longtime Chrysler restorer and an original member of the WPC Club. In the process got quite a few original 31 Chrysler CD8 mechanical and trim parts as well as reproduction castings done many years ago. Everything from engine and transmission parts to a 31 deluxe frame with 17" wheels. Have way to many pictures to post here, but I can send along aklong additional pics to interested buyers.

1931 Chry Chassis11.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

10 minutes ago, dpcdfan said:

Hi John,

What is the length from top to bottom and how many do you need? As I recall, the ones I have are a little smaller than the CD8 ones. Probably correct for other 31's including CM, and Dodge with double bar bumpers.

Probably the same as the CM6 items. Mine are 4 1/4" long x 1" wide with a hole that is 17/32" i.d.

I could use three of them. Thanks.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Hi there

I would be interested in 2 of the spare tire hold down clamps. You show them on the 16th picture down. The ones I need a hole in them for the clamp down screw. I could drill a hole to make them work. could you send me a side and bottom view picture with a measurement and price. Thank you so much!

Rick VanOene

1930 DeSoto CK6 coupe

On 1/5/2020 at 1:28 PM, ckowner said:

Hi there

I would be interested in 2 of the spare tire hold down clamps. You show them on the 16th picture down. The ones I need a hole in them for the clamp down screw. I could drill a hole to make them work. could you send me a side and bottom view picture with a measurement and price. Thank you so much!

Rick VanOene

1930 DeSoto CK6 coupe

Hi Rick,

Were you talking about the 6 pieces across the middle or the two at the top and bottom? The 3rd one from the right in the center is original, the rest are reproduction castings in brass.These castings were done about 30 years ago amd were for several cars the gentleman owned. Including a 28 Chrysler Model 72, a 31 desoto roadster(which I currently own), 31 Chrysler Model CD8 and CM 6, 32 Chrysler CP8 and 33 Dodge.

Sidemount Hardware.jpg

Sidemount Hardware2.jpg

Edited by dpcdfan (see edit history)

On 1/4/2020 at 11:45 PM, SparkEE said:

Long shot, because it’s not a CD, but I’m looking for any freewheeling equipment (especially the vacuum canister) for a 1933 Chrysler CQ eight.  Any chance you have that?  

Do you have any pics? I do have some vacuum freewheeling transmissions and parts.

10 hours ago, dpcdfan said:

Do you have any pics? I do have some vacuum freewheeling transmissions and parts.

Here are some pictures from the web, but I may have some better pictures if I can locate them.  I’m looking for the vacuum canister pictured in the lower left by the cowl (red in one picture and black in others, below), the pie shaped valve up near the carburetor, or really any of the vacuum or linkage components.

84BF1449-3731-43B5-8DFE-1433947B71FF.jpeg

6F436FD3-FAE7-4618-BC2D-072897F9CDB5.jpeg

E0A30729-CACE-45F9-B620-DAE004E22C34.jpeg

48E57A55-91F7-4AC3-93E5-0E8D1209DA1C.png

Edited by SparkEE
Remove pic with personal info (see edit history)

I am interested in two of the spare tire clamps. Two of the six across the middle. You can send me a PM with price and shipping to Surrey, BC, Canada. I have a 1930 DeSoto CK coupe, so the should be the right ones. Maybe a side view with a measurement would be great just to confirm. Thank you

Rick

6 hours ago, ckowner said:

I am interested in two of the spare tire clamps. Two of the six across the middle. You can send me a PM with price and shipping to Surrey, BC, Canada. I have a 1930 DeSoto CK coupe, so the should be the right ones. Maybe a side view with a measurement would be great just to confirm. Thank you

Rick

Rick,

I'll get you some measurements.

Gary

On 1/4/2020 at 11:45 PM, SparkEE said:

Long shot, because it’s not a CD, but I’m looking for any freewheeling equipment (especially the vacuum canister) for a 1933 Chrysler CQ eight.  Any chance you have that?  

I'll check and get back with you. On the pics you sent the 33 air cleaner looks like one I got with the CD8 parts. Do you have yours and if so can you take some measurements? Here's some pics of mine.

CD8 (8).jpg

CD8 (10).jpg

On 1/7/2020 at 7:17 AM, SparkEE said:

Here are some pictures from the web, but I may have some better pictures if I can locate them.  I’m looking for the vacuum canister pictured in the lower left by the cowl (red in one picture and black in others, below), the pie shaped valve up near the carburetor, or really any of the vacuum or linkage components.

84BF1449-3731-43B5-8DFE-1433947B71FF.jpeg

6F436FD3-FAE7-4618-BC2D-072897F9CDB5.jpeg

E0A30729-CACE-45F9-B620-DAE004E22C34.jpeg

48E57A55-91F7-4AC3-93E5-0E8D1209DA1C.png

I have 2 units. Here's pictures of each.

Trans Vacuum shift.jpg

Trans Vacuum shift2.jpg

Trans Vacuum shift3.jpg

Trans Vacuum shift4.jpg

On 1/7/2020 at 4:36 PM, ckowner said:

Rick

Hi Rick,

Here's a picture of the sidemount clamps. The bottom one is an original and the upper, which is slightly larger do to the casting process, is on top.

Sidemount Harware.jpg

• 1 month later...

On Monday I received my  CD-8 De Luxe sedan and my parts list is started and keeps growing

I have a master parts book ordered but have not seen it yet so I can not give you exact names or part numbers

1.Base of steering column throttle linkage, spring, stop plate, and light harness control arms.

2. Your air cleaner looks like the one I need.

3. Dual side mount locking clamps.

That is only a start. Let me know if any of these are available or still for sale.

Thanks 

Kurt 

On 2/26/2020 at 11:11 AM, jukejunkie1015 said:

On Monday I received my  CD-8 De Luxe sedan and my parts list is started and keeps growing

I have a master parts book ordered but have not seen it yet so I can not give you exact names or part numbers

1.Base of steering column throttle linkage, spring, stop plate, and light harness control arms.

2. Your air cleaner looks like the one I need.

3. Dual side mount locking clamps.

That is only a start. Let me know if any of these are available or still for sale.

Thanks 

Kurt 

Hi Kurt,

Sorry, just now saw your post. I have pictures of two different air cleaners, either one $250. I have a couple different styles of side mount clamps. Let me know which picture has the ones you're looking for.

Thanks,

Gary

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Miguel Aravena said:

I need engine, transmission, front & rear axles, instrument cluster for 1931 CD8 Chrysler.

dpcdfan please take contact with me for these parts.

If someone have these parts, please take contact with me too.

miguel.1967.acuario@gmail.com

Miguel, I sent you an email.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/6/2022 at 1:44 PM, Soupiov said:

Gary would you by chance still have 2 of the spare tire hold down clamps you posted a couple of years ago.  I am looking for them for my '30 Plymouth.

I may still have them. Please remind me what they look like and I'll check. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Miguel Aravena said:

Hi Gary

Do you still engine, tansmission and rear axle for 1931 Chrysler CD8?

Please, let me know.

I am interested in these parts.

miguel.1967.acuario@gmail.com

Miguel Aravena

Hello Miguel, I have a core CD8 engine that will need rebuilding along with a complete transmission. Not sure on a rear axle.

Regards,

Gary

netpartsinc@roadrunner.com

• 2 weeks later...