1937 Pontiac Dealer Filmstrip

TerryB

I have this 1937 Pontiac filmstrip which I assume was for dealer salesman training.  It seems to be complete and has been stored in a pill container to shield it from light.  Are there projectors that it will fit?  Looking to find it a new home if it’s useable.

CB71269F-DA83-4DB4-8BAD-B47F0AD8B104.jpeg

C106AF05-AA3E-4564-978A-D8DA1EFAEDAE.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you, yes I remember them too.  I was looking to see if the film would be of value to anyone and I think it would depend on whether they had access to a projector.  Seems like the film would make some great prints if there was a way to generate them from the film.

Every year at the AACA Annual Meeting in

Philadelphia, there is a man who does an

excellent program showing old automotive short

films.  He plays them on the authentic equipment

(projectors) that the films were made for.  You could

contact the AACA office and get contact information

for him.

From what I've seen, the quality is much better

in that original format, compared to conversions

to more current media.

If yours is a film-strip and is missing the sound,

the demand would be less.  But some collector

would want it, certainly.

This film is wide, like 35mm photographic film.  Seems in really nice shape for the age.  I would guess their might have been a book or maybe a record to go along.  Given the 1937 timeframe, that was 78 rpm record days so a record might be iffy.  No place for a soundtrack on the film from what I can see.  That would have required magnetic tape to include sound.  So just another cool oddball item in my collection of oddball items.

Not sure this is a film strip that would be used in film projector as there would need to be many frames of same image to project for any length of time. The photo shows 3 unique frames. Maybe these were supposed to be made into slides? Changed manually to the aforementioned record? Or maybe used to create photo prints for training manuals or sales materials?

Regardless, a really neat find.

14 hours ago, 72caddy said:

Not sure this is a film strip that would be used in film projector as there would need to be many frames of same image to project for any length of time. The photo shows 3 unique frames. Maybe these were supposed to be made into slides? Changed manually to the aforementioned record? Or maybe used to create photo prints for training manuals or sales materials?

Regardless, a really neat find.

That's what I was thinking.

These images can be digitized quite easily with a flat bed scanner and the right film holder.  It would be like scanning a strip of negatives except these are positives and you wouldn't have to reverse the colors like you would for a negative.

Mark

Yes take it to a camera shop that does the film-to-dvd transfers and they should be able to put it on dvd. I have a couple in my town that do that.

Movie film transfer

Super8/8mm to DVD  $0.18 per foot

16mm to DVD  $0.18 per foot

Duplicate DVD at time of transfer  $ 9.99 ea.

***$49.95 minimum on all movie transfer orders***