65 brochure

jframe

Any of y'all ever seen this brochure before. Been crazy about 65 Rivs since I was about 6 years old, and have never run across this before. Found it on ebay and snapped it up to go with my full line 65 brochure. Just thought it was some neat literature, and wondered if anyone else had ran across it before.

20190722_191647.jpg

20190722_191659.jpg

20190722_191709.jpg

20190722_191727.jpg

20190722_191738.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yep...they are scarce but can be found. The booklet brags about the European coachwork and displays a bunch of quality control guys surrounding a car implying same....NOT! I`ve seen some pretty bad lead work on original cars, some of it has been laughable...still Flint mass produced in spite of the marketing,

Tom Mooney

• Like 1

I also found one of the brochures on Ebay about a month ago. It was the first original one I had ever seen. There is a reprint of the images from this brochure in one of the Riviera book published back in the 80's. I never knew  where the images came from until I bought the brochure. These can't be too common.

• Like 1

I sell literature and even though I pump over 10,000 pieces through ebay a year (of course that's all makes foreign and domestic including truck up to about 1980). I haven't come across one yet.  Though I will say that sometimes what I have never had shows up in triplicates or more in the next haul.  I would say it's pretty rare overall.  Looks like it was meant to be delivered with the car so unlike real marketing brochures there would have been alot less made.   To give you an idea of how many brochures a manufacturer might have had printed for distribution,  I have a sleeve that accompanied some 1938 Chevy brochures it boasted on it that it was part of an 8 million brochure production to push the new car.  Now that was back in the 30's when even less cars were being made and sold than the 60's.  

Neat find.  I do have some 60's Buick stuff to still go through but I doubt there will be one in it. 

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:32 PM, jframe said:

Any of y'all ever seen this brochure before. Been crazy about 65 Rivs since I was about 6 years old, and have never run across this before. Found it on ebay and snapped it up to go with my full line 65 brochure. Just thought it was some neat literature, and wondered if anyone else had ran across it before.

20190722_191647.jpg

I found mine on ebay too, it was several years ago, but I do have one in very nice condition.

It is one of many pieces of '65 literature I have collected over the years, but anyway.

Nice find!

• Like 2

Love to have one of those if anybody has an extra or runs across one . Going to pick up my 65 this Thursday in Houston - 4 Years and a couple screwed-over jobs later ! Glad to get it off the payroll finally . If anyone needs any work in that area , the guy that runs the late Hardy Rawls garage is amazing and very reasonable . Contact me if you want to get in line . He knows first generation Riviera's very well . 

KReed

ROA 14549 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1