Ebay

nick8086

This person has several classic cars for sale like a dealer but at prices that don't make sense. And does not disclose the location of this "dealership."

So I'd say it is the type of scam where you are asked to pay a deposit to hold it for you. Then your deposit is lost.

Another one

Item image

NEW LISTING 1936 Chrysler Airstream Series C-7
Pre-Owned
$16,500.00
Classified Ad
Pickup only: Free

Item image

NEW LISTING 1955 Chevrolet 3100
Pre-Owned
$16,900.00

Item image

NEW LISTING 1965 Sunbeam Alpine
Pre-Owned
$18,800.00
Classified Ad
Pickup only: Free

Inside, the recently upholstered black front bucket seats and rear cargo compartment and all look great with no major signs of wear visible, also in excellent shape are the door panels, carpet and dashboard, also upholstered in black. Other interior features include nicely finished wood dash panel with full set of correct gauges, wooden steering wheel, wood shift knob, center arm rest and more.
This Sunbeam Tiger is powered be a 260 Ford V-8 engine (visual confirmed with the 5 bolt bell housing and a 6 inch space between motor mount bolt holes) topped with an Offenhauser intake and Holley 4 barrel carburetor, chrome valve covers, chrome breather and air cleaner, performance headers and stainless dual exhaust linked to a 4 speed manual transmission. Mechanically the car also boasts rack and pinion steering, front disc brakes, 14 inch Superlite alloy wheels wrapped in 195/60R14s tires, note: wipers are currently inoperable. This extremely good looking and rare Tiger is a well equipped roadster with V-8 power and classic British styling.

Edited by mike6024 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I tried to report it. It looked like an obvious fraud. It is not easy to report fraud. You are asked Why are you reporting this? What's wrong? The burden is upon you to spell out exactly which of eBay's listing policies is being violated! Are they trying to sell outside of eBay to avoid eBay seller fees? If so what proof do you have of that? The only thing eBay cares about is protecting their right to collect their fees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2019 at 10:58 PM, mike6024 said:

I tried to report it. It looked like an obvious fraud. It is not easy to report fraud. You are asked Why are you reporting this? What's wrong? The burden is upon you to spell out exactly which of eBay's listing policies is being violated! Are they trying to sell outside of eBay to avoid eBay seller fees? If so what proof do you have of that? The only thing eBay cares about is protecting their right to collect their fees. 

I reported an item a while back and it was simple.  Just selected the appropriate heading (think it was fraudulent listing) and typed in "photo taken from a previous listing."  I got a quick response that the listing and the seller had been deleted. 

Terry

17 minutes ago, victorialynn2 said:

Just curious why the Kaiser Darrin is so valuable? I don’t know much about them. Not my personal taste, but obviously they have a strong following. 

It's the two seater Tucker never built.

Bob 

29 minutes ago, victorialynn2 said:

Just curious why the Kaiser Darrin is so valuable? I don’t know much about them. Not my personal taste, but obviously they have a strong following. 

Anything Darrin is of significant interest and quite highly valued. Kaiser Darrin's wouldn't be my first choice , but amongst Darrin cars they are possibly close to the cheapest. Its close competitor the Nash Healey would be my choice between the two. But that's just me.

Greg

nash-healey_roadster_11.jpg

Amelia%20Nash%20Healey.jpg

11481864-1953-nash-healey-lemans-std-c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As far as the ad, just want to remind everyone that some Russian dude was stealing pics off eBay and posting them for sale somewhere else. One was a car I posted. I sued him and won, thanks to an attorney friend. Pretty much looks like a similar thing here. 

Reverse search for Google images is an easy was to see if a pic was stolen. 

It seems this kind of activity has stepped up a few notches recently. We've had our cars "stolen" and listed with ridiculously low prices before, but in the last two weeks or so, I've found nearly 40 of them on eBay and various other sites (and I don't even go looking--I found them just in the course of my usual browsing). It's always a sold car, always with a few of our photos, and always with a snippet of my description. And always grossly under-priced. I report them when I can, and if I can't report them I try to buy the cars--when they see my E-mail address they usually disappear.

Most recently, one scammer has even apparently been able to generate a fake title for this 1937 Packard I sold a year ago, so don't fall for that bit of evidence, either. Melanie tells me that with electronic titles now, she can create a real title in anyone's name out of thin air with nothing more than a picture of an old title (which is why we don't send out images of titles to interested buyers anymore). You need a dealer's license to do it (and the willingness to go to jail if you abuse it), but a guy being able to produce a title doesn't necessarily mean he's the owner. Seriously, anyone really think you can buy this car for $16,500? At least one guy did, but at least he called us first to ask, since we sold it last year, why that car could possibly be so cheap. Just another sucker asking to be burned...

001.thumb.JPG.6a309514d40a79e2f11d53718019abeb.JPG

All these scammers are doing is trying to collect deposits, and I bet each of these fraudulent ads probably generates several thousand dollars' worth of deposits from morons who think they've found the deal of a lifetime and are just too greedy to let it slip away. If it's too good to be true, it is. They are counting on your greed to be your undoing. Scammers can't hurt you unless you let them and greed makes you blind to the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2019 at 12:08 PM, victorialynn2 said:

only 435 of them were made..  That helps.. only a few guys can own one.  The price went form 24K to 220K..

Maybe it is a 65K car... The cost of the parts and to restore one  may keep the price high..

IMG_2127.JPG

IMG_8061.JPG

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)