Another Boatail death.

1937hd45

Wonder what the boat tail body was off from.  Windshield doesn't look homemade. Body line / bead also surprisingly matches but cowl was extended later and more crudely. I can't see what's going on in the door area.  This would have looked pretty cool if they kept going with it and finished it off nice.    Any guesses?  Essex offered a boat tail.  Any other cars offering boat tails besides Auburn? 

There use to be a boattail of a 28-20 variety or a 35-36 variety Auburn that sat out under a tarp behind Art Lancett Motors on Reading Road in Cincinnati - it had been heavily modified over time and then eventually mounted on a 50's Chrysler chassis.  He offered it to me several times for 5k, but heavily modified and heavily weathered.  It was red in color.  It had belonged to Art's former business partner. 

As a sidenote: Previously to ever seeing the Boattail on Arts lot we paid an earlier visit.  Art was a used car dealer that at one time had the  Bristol dealership - a friend and I went and bought a a "new" unsold Arnolt Bristol from him the day prior to Black Monday 1987 - he paid 50K for the car and literally the bottom fell out of the stock and car market for it to probably be worth 25K the next day (good news is today it is now a 100 point restoration and one of the better condition, most complete, and lowest mile Arnolt Bristol's on the globe.