Buick 1941 mod:56S

BenBuick38

Congratulations on your new purchase!  Looks like everything is there -- although someone either swapped the engine at some point or at least removed the dual carb set-up.  Please keep us informed when your car arrives in Sweden.  What are your plans? 

• Like 2

What My plan Are ,, i really dont know ...

i have to get it home first ,and then look at the Condition of the car ,drive it as it is or ???

this time the TITLE was at least on the chassi and not off the engine nr 

probobly i Will get it running first , rebuilt the brakes and electric get the engine running ,, then disade what to do 

christmas grettings from the Arctic of Sweden ,,Bt

• Like 2

The chassis serial number does not tell you the model. That number may be on the title.

1 = made in Flint.   4044613 a 1941 model (3611856 to 4257441?)  [Sean1997 will be along to give better info]

VIN's were not started until mid 1950's and not standardised until 1980's

You need a photo of the body data plate for more details

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on the new car. Looks pretty straight, you are definitely going to have some fun with this car. If I had it to do over again, I would look for some of the odd parts right away, as they are getting hard to find. 1. Door lock mechanisms, subject to wear and if yours have been tampered with very hard to find. Only Super and Roadmaster of this year will substitute. 2. Dual carb setup. First year for this, but car will work with single. 3. Skirts, car looks fabulous with skirts. 4. Clock wiring harness. This is a bit of a unique set up, but sure is cool if it works.

The only reason I mention these things is that all of these parts are available if you do not mind paying high dollar, but you can save quite a bit if you give yourself time to acquire these items.

Edited by kingrudy
Grammer (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Looks like a good car. So similar to my '41 76S. I second what the above poster said too. It took me some time to find a few of the parts I needed. The plus side, if you will, is that some things interchange between many models, but some are quite model specific. Use care when shopping for parts.

Let us know when you have at your place. Then the adventure will begin.

Keith

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wishing you the very best of luck on your project. I noticed in the first picture that there doesn't appear to be a deflector in the rear fender behind the tire. The deflector provides stability for the fender and prevents stone chips from hitting the inside of the fender. I only noticed this as I am trying to track down the two of them for my car. I wish I had noticed that mine were missing a couple years ago so I could have started my search earlier. This will be a beautiful car when finished. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very nice looking car, this definitely will be a head turner. Look for a stamping low on the passenger side of the block, it may have the "RE" number for re-manufactured engine. I did receive my drivers side gravel deflector last week. Knocked some of the rust and it is marinating in a tub of Evapo-Rust. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...