Saw this Mustang II (maybe Cobra) at the store today....

keiser31

Very nice example of one of Ford's worst styling and marketing exercises ever. What were they thinking! The side view emphasizes the very short wheelbase and relatively long overhangs front and back. If they had been serious about building a "sports car" in the period (rather than a "muscle car", there were lots of good contemporaries to draw style cues from, Triumph TR6 (my favourite), Datsun 260Z, etc. Oh well, a great company is allowed to drop a bomb every now and then.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RansomEli said:

You can see the handicapped permit through the front windshield. It's hanging on the rear view mirror.

Although I do agree with billorn's comment above.

after you posted I took second look I see it.I do not believe it belongs to driver see it here all the time.I am sure it is used to allow parking in a wider space to protect car.I wish I had a tank I would try to park next to them of course do to poor vision I would probably scrat er crush it   Kieser ford was not only one try and find special rivets to say nothing of riveter

3 hours ago, keiser31 said:

My mother-in-law had a Mustang II coupe. I went to replace the window regulator for her and the stupid thing was RIVETED to the door! MAN, was I ever mad.

First thing I looked for was a handicap parking permit and the Mustang has one as noted.  If it were not for Mustang II where would all the street rods get their front suspension parts?  Seem half of them advertise using it in their build. Didn’t Farrah Fawcett  appear in an advertisement a white one?  Charlie’s Angels Car?

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)

1 minute ago, dictator27 said:

Special rivets?  Ford recommended the use of 1/2 inch long 1/4 inch bolts once the rivets were drilled out.  I replaced quite a few back in the day.

I don't know about them being "special". I wish I had known about the replacement bolts PRIOR to removing the door panel and other items.

Hey keiser,

Is that at the Winco Foods in Medford, near BK & McD's, etc?  If so, that's near the hotel where I was for over 4 months!  & ... while I was in Medford, I saw that same Mustang a few times.  Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet while I was out there ... mentioned you in 1 of my posts on my website, if you didn't see it. :)

Cort, pig&cowValves+PM, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
2003 MGM LS + 1981 cmc SC; need 1975 Chrysler Cordoba

"I should've drove all night" | Bon Jovi | 'Misunderstood'

The 'REAL' Cobras from that year were made in Australia, as the 'Falcon XC Cobra' with looks and performance to live up to their name. 

All North America received for 1978 was this sorry looking, Pinto-based malaise era 'smoke & mirrors' edition seen above.

Craig

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ScarredKnightfan said:

Hey keiser,

Is that at the Winco Foods in Medford, near BK & McD's, etc?  If so, that's near the hotel where I was for over 4 months!  & ... while I was in Medford, I saw that same Mustang a few times.  Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet while I was out there ... mentioned you in 1 of my posts on my website, if you didn't see it. :)

Cort, pig&cowValves+PM, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
2003 MGM LS + 1981 cmc SC; need 1975 Chrysler Cordoba

"I should've drove all night" | Bon Jovi | 'Misunderstood'

Yes, that is the same Winco. I was disappointed as well that you left town and we did not get together. Maybe next time.