F/S 1956 BUICK SPECIAL RIVIERA 2 DR HARDTOP SHOW CAR

fastkarz2

1956 BUICK SPECIAL RIVIERA 2 DOOR HARDTOP 46R

Presented here is an outstanding example of a 1956 Buick Special Riviera 2 Door Hardtop. It is an eye-catching show stopper with its Seminole Red and White livery and matching two-tone interior. The car received a $35,000 complete frame off restoration seven years ago, and has been driven only 4,238 miles since. The restoration includes a new interior, new glass, $9,000 in rechromed exterior trim, professionally polished stainless steel trim plus an outstanding repaint. 

The numbers matching engine and transmission have been rebuilt. The frame was sand blasted and painted. Brakes, shocks, exhaust, tie rods and ball joints were replaced or rebuilt. Additionally, the car comes equipped with five Coker white wall tires including the spare. The car is a multiple show car winner, receiving over twenty-five trophies.

This Buick is powered by a 322 cu. in “nail head” 220 hp Fireball V8 engine coupled to a Dynaflow automatic transmission. Originally built with a 2-bbl carburetor, the vehicle has been upgraded to a three-carburetor “Tri-power” set up from a 1957 Pontiac. In all other aspects, the car is completely stock. The car is equipped with power steering. The radio is inoperative.

This is a rare opportunity to purchase a mid 1950s American classic in the bright colors and jet plane accents of that era for a very reasonable price. Drive this car and you will be the hit of any parade or car show. This exquisite show car can be purchased now for only $32,500. Pontiac, MI . michael@sellyoursportscar.net;248--227-8604

2018-08-20 16.31.33.jpg

2018-08-20 16.41.22.jpg

2018-08-20 16.33.23 HDR.jpg

While not this particular car, I recently saw a car where its 2 bbl manifold had a bolt on 4 bbl adapter, to which a 3 deuce adapter was bolted.  The car drove into and out of the last Hemmings cruise so it did run,  but I thought that was pretty ridiculous.  I should have taken a picture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

With all due respect to the dealer,

is a 1956 Buick Special really a "rare opportunity"?

While there may have been a lot of 56 Buick Specials made, indeed, a lot of 56  Buicks made altogether,  in terms of today's date, I think just about any 50's car is, in general, a rare opportunity.