1972 Buick Electra 225 Limited coupe (SOLD)

Centurion

1972 Buick Electra 225 Custom Limited coupe

For Sale by member of the Buick Club of America. Located in the Columbus, Ohio area.  This is not my car and I am not a dealer.

Fire Red with black vinyl roof and Sandalwood Limited interior trim in Kismet Cloth and Madrid Grain Vinyl.

Rust-free original car with about 48,500 miles on the odometer.

Heavily optioned with A/C, 60/40 seats with 6-way power on both sides, factory dual exhausts, automatic level control, tilt, cruise, power windows, power door locks, AM/FM Stereo with tape, etc. A two-page listing of the options is included in the images here.

Nearly 38,000 '72 Electra 225 Custom coupes were built for '72, and only 493 were built in Fire Red.

The car is fully documented, including name and address of the original selling dealership, the original buyer, and the date of delivery to the original buyer.

The asking price is $4,500 or best offer. The car runs and drives, but has not been driven regularly for several years, so it will require mechanical attention. A mouse had chewed on the wiring harness in the engine compartment. A portion of this has been reconnected, but the owner has lacked time to work on it further. The owner's goal is to sell the car at a very reasonable price, allowing a serious buyer to address any remaining mechanical / electrical issues and get this car back into service.

I think that this is a remarkable opportunity, and urge any members seeking an Electra 225 of this period to carefully consider this car.

If you are a serious buyer, please send me a private message, and I will place you in contact with the seller, who is a very credible Buick enthusiast.

steve-1.jpg

steve-2.jpg

steve-3.jpg

steve-4.jpg

steve-5.jpg

steve-6.jpg

steve-7.jpg

steve-8.jpg

steve-9.jpg

steve-10.jpg

steve-11.jpg

steve-12.jpg

Edited by Centurion (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interior code 634 is something called "Covert." I have absolutely no idea what that means.

Paint code 75 is definitely Fire Red paint and code B is a black vinyl roof. 

Lots of upside here for someone with a little time and elbow grease to spare. These cars are surprisingly popular right now.

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Was red the original color, or was it repainted

from a different color?  Bright red with a tan and brown

interior is a combination that wouldn't have been

likely in 1972.

John, the car is original, so this is how it was finished from the factory.

This car is a wonderful buy for someone who is very knowledgeable and good with wiring.  Mice did this twice to a pickup truck that I owned at one time because it sat outside for long periods at a country home.  The problem, as I see it, is that there are so many electrical gadgets.  I think the first thing to do would be to get the car started and then check the electrical gadgets one by one.  I have a NOS 1971 Shop Manual still in the box, but I don't know how that would convey over to a 1972.  The best Buick our family ever owned was the 1972 LeSabre Limited my parents bought new.  That said, a 350 cid was a different animal from a 455 cid.  The next question is where else in the car have the mice visited?

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Of the 37,974 Model 8437 Electra 225 Custom & Limited 2 door hardtops, only 11,836 (30%) were built as Limiteds. I have personally inspected the car and while it does need some things as the seller indicates, this is a lot of car for the money. It's an uncommon model in a rare color as well and how many of these do you see around?

• Like 2

On 7/11/2018 at 8:50 PM, Smartin said:

Agreed, Doug.  I'm sitting on my hands here.

You are a better man than me...it is going to be headed to my house shortly. Look forward to sharing more with everyone after I arrange shipping and it arrives.

• Like 7