A Surprise in the Mail Today...

TG57Roadmaster

I am honored to be the recipient of "The Terry B. Dunham Historical Award," for 2018, the Buick BUGLE's Literary Award, for my article, "The History of Buick on La Isla de Cuba." Presented just last Saturday at the BCA's National Meet in Denver, the award pays homage to legendary Buick historian and author Terry B. Dunham. I met Terry at Hershey about 20 years ago, our only face-to-face meeting, but we communicated about Buick history over the years before his untimely passing in 2012.

What a thrill to receive recognition for an unchartered area of Buick history about which Terry would be enthsuiastic, encouraging and proud.

From the Buick Club's 2012 Tribute...
"Terry B. Dunham, 72, the founder and a past president of the Buick Heritage Alliance, died on Friday, November 2, 2012. Terry was considered one of the world’s leading experts on the heritage of the Buick automobile, creating an award-winning book, a national enthusiasts’ organization, an innovative website for vintage car owners and major magazine articles." 
http://www.buickclub.org/terry-dunham-tribute/

2018 BCA Terry B Dunham Literary Award 1X.jpg

Thanks to the BCA, BUGLE Editor Pete Phillips and Cindy Livingston, Graphic Artist Extraordinaire!

TG

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Congratulations Tom,

Your dedication is appreciated, and the article and photos are exceptional -

Well-Deserved !