1970 fj40 for sale

It is a vintage Toyota land cruiser..

Yes rare..

I talked by dad into buying it.. Great car to remove snow...

Now it is for sale.. It has rust. My 80 years old dad ran the car into a few things.. so some dents...

But he enjoyed it to remove snow...

It has three on the tree..

It also has new brake lines in the rear..

Number of Cylinders: 6

Last ran 6 years ago..

Green vehicle in garage.jpg

bikkk.JPG

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

It is possible that it is stuck in low range. Top speed in high range is over 70, from memory. I well remember 'driving' a Morris Minor with no brakes, being towed at up to 55 mph by one of these. The downhill traffic lights were the worst. Luckily the spare wheel is perfectly positioned on the back for absorbing the impacts of the LHS Minor front mudguard (fender). 6 am Sunday morning, a 30 mile ride from inner Melbourne to the hills.

18 hours ago, Bush Mechanic said:

It is possible that it is stuck in low range. Top speed in high range is over 70, from memory. I well remember 'driving' a Morris Minor with no brakes, being towed at up to 55 mph by one of these. The downhill traffic lights were the worst. Luckily the spare wheel is perfectly positioned on the back for absorbing the impacts of the LHS Minor front mudguard (fender). 6 am Sunday morning, a 30 mile ride from inner Melbourne to the hills.

Maybe with out the snow blade on it...

I may write off the repairs and use it for my business..

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)

Nick, they are wonderful vehicles, for their time. Landcruisers are still the yardstick by which everything else is measured, in this country. When you get right out in the bush, you rarely see anything else, (unless driven by a tourist). My  current 1980 HJ45 is my third tray-top Landcruiser, and is still going strong after 38 years of hard work.

Restored examples are bringing silly money, especially the FJ40, and it may well be worthwhile keeping yours running. Some parts are still available, and bodies didn't have annual changes like many vehicles, so sheet metal shouldn't be a problem. 

Love that snow plough! Not something we get to play with in Aus.

I got to drive one of those type Toyotas for work back in the late 1970's, but it was the long one, not the fj40. Really like it. Drove it on the gravel beaches next to the river for a canoe business, hauling a trailer loaded with canoes. It was all white. Great driving in the gravel, low range 4WD. Something more like this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3dpRthb90LdflsprG6oS