Accelerator Pedal 1963

1963RivAZ

I've been looking for a blue gas pedal for some time, but with no luck. I also bought repro brake and parking brake pads some time ago -- but after stepping on them a few times, the blue wore off and they now have black wear spots.  Point being, you might be better off going all black.  They're easier to find, and most people would never notice.

I would go all black on your pedals. When I bought my car the gas pedal was cracked around the holes

on the back that snap onto the pedestals and it kept coming loose while I was driving it.....a dangerous situation. I wanted a new

gas pedal but nobody repros the Riviera gas pedal. What I decided to do was to get a brand new 65 Impala gas pedal from Classic Industries

It has the same base as the Riviera pedal only it is narrower at the top. After installing it I decided that I thought it looks better than the

Riviera pedal, which looks too wide in my opinion. I like my new Impala pedal so much I have not looked for an uncracked Riviera pedal to install,

which I don't believe exists. If I ever run across an NOS Riviera pedal, I might swap it on, but definitely would not buy a used one as it would just crack

and come loose. Here's a pic of the Impala pedal on my car........

DSCN0017.JPG

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Go to the Classic Industries on line website and click on accelerator pedals. You want to

order the pedal for the 1965 Impala. The stainless trim for the pedal is sold separately so you will

need to order that too. It is separate because it was only used on the Caprice models. The pedal

looks real nice in the Riviera because the width of the stainless strips matches the brake pedal. The Impala

pedal will snap right onto the studs on your   floorboard with no modification. If you need new studs for the floor

they sell them as well.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a new repro Chevrolet Impala gas pedal kit for my 68 Riviera that includes the rubber pedal, trim, and a plastic friction plate embedded on the reverse side. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253024664785

I bought one of these for my 1969 Chevrolet Caprice and they are great! 

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/19/2018 at 9:22 AM, Seafoam65 said:

Go to the Classic Industries on line website and click on accelerator pedals. You want to

order the pedal for the 1965 Impala. The stainless trim for the pedal is sold separately so you will

need to order that too. It is separate because it was only used on the Caprice models. The pedal

looks real nice in the Riviera because the width of the stainless strips matches the brake pedal. The Impala

pedal will snap right onto the studs on your   floorboard with no modification. If you need new studs for the floor

they sell them as well.

Winston, I found this original blue pedal with box. Would you have a clue to it’s value.?

263A7787-6FE7-4A78-9683-48C2ECE9DCE8.jpeg

I have no idea how much someone would pay for it but that part is totally unobtanium, so to a guy with

blue pedals that needed one it should be worth big coin, but the market for this part since it is blue

is extremely limited. As rare as it is I can't imagine selling it for less than 200.00 if it belonged to me.  Too

bad that it isn't Red......you could put it on your car.

On 1/17/2022 at 1:13 PM, Seafoam65 said:

Too

bad that it isn't Red......you could put it on your car.

Winston, I’m a little compulsive…I have a spare red accelerator pedal.

Your market analysis went past my limited knowledge of value. I appreciate your time you took to answer my question. I was about to “ give it away”. So, I said to myself ask a person who knows the value BEFORE I give it away. Thanks again.

Turbinator

On 1/13/2018 at 9:26 AM, 1963RivAZ said:

I am in need of an accelerator pedal for a 63 Riviera preferably in blue.  Can anyone tell me where to find one?  The bottom plastic portion broke when I was putting in a new carpet kit.  Can’t seem to find this part anywhere...

Here it is, but you may have already found one.

77C16393-B75E-4FC0-8F72-DB5C2E01574D.jpeg

My '65 with dark green interior has black gas and brake pedal pads.  I'm pretty sure these are original. 

Were all pedal rubbers black in 1965? 

If not, which interior colors had pedals matched to the interior color?

• 5 months later...
On 7/6/2022 at 11:18 PM, Rommie said:

Turbinator, read your post from Jan 2022 .... am I correct in understanding you have (or had) a red accelerator pedal for a 63 Riv?

Rommie

Ronnie, I do have some or at least one original Buick Red accelerator pedal.

thank your for your inquiry.

Turbinator