56special 4 dr on Nampa ID Craigslist

RiKi5156B

Why did he take photos of his computer to upload to Craigslist? Wouldn't he already have the photos on his computer? ?

This is right next to me at school. Looks to be about the same condition as mine, minus the headliner and floor boards. My car was also a low mileage car, around "50,000" miles when I got it. ?

A running, driving car for $3500?  Who cares about mileage.  If you want it buy it.  A car with 330,000 miles would be a better buy if driven regularly, serviced, maintained, refurbished and upgraded as need.  A car like that will have the same AGE related problems no matter the miles.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, old-tank said:

A running, driving car for $3500?  Who cares about mileage.  If you want it buy it.  A car with 330,000 miles would be a better buy if driven regularly, serviced, maintained, refurbished and upgraded as need.  A car like that will have the same AGE related problems no matter the miles.

Agree!  I think Riki's point is the seller was overly rude for such a simple question

4 hours ago, RiKi5156B said:

Exactly. Also not knowing what kind of person he is what if I had driven 10 hours over there and had asked the same question?

Right, he should have answered the question politely.  I think we all have driven long distances to find the car was not as represented; and a few ebay cars that showed up on the transport with lots of 'surprises'.  Buy it with the assumption that it will be a parts car and you will not then be disappointed.

28 minutes ago, old-tank said:

and a few ebay cars that showed up on the transport with lots of 'surprises'.

you mean like this?  "Was like that when I picked it up" says the enclosed car hauler    Damn near backed into a pine tree when unloading due to lack of brakes too.  As beautiful of a car as it was, I was never able to get over the heartache of that.

And then there was the time I drove all the way to New Jersey only to open the hood of an eBay purchased 13K original mile '54 Roadmaster and find the engine bay, engine and fender wells and radiator had all been painted with a paint brush.  "Yeaaa, my son did that, he thought he was doing me a favor"  I literally started looking for place to throw up, seriously.

Pictures show only what the seller wants to show. 

100_3082.jpg

8 hours ago, RiKi5156B said:

I don’t mind the low claimed miles. I look for that type of car. But this idiot let loose a barrage of profanity and personal insults just because I asked.

Yeah it would have to be one hell of a deal I couldn't pass up to buy the car from this person, and this is not close to that.

3 minutes ago, Bleach said:

The ad says it's in Harvard, ID. Is that near Nampa?

No.  Good catch.  That is way up north towards Canada.  Explains the rusty floors.  Lots of snow up there.  Floors down near the Nevada/Idaho boarder tend to be rust free.  Too bad the seller was rude.  

1 minute ago, Bleach said:

OK, I checked the map and it's 323 miles north of Nampa. Where did someone get the idea the car was in Nampa? Not trying to be rude here.;)

By the way my 56 Ford was originally from Nampa. It still wears the Burke-Hudelson Ford dealer tag.

image.png.60db1572b85ceac4b6f869ed9ef10636.png

Believe it or not I remember your car.  Well I think I do.  Did it use to sit south of town near Kuna/Nampa??  If so I tried to buy it while I was in high school.    My first car was the same color as yours and a '56 Ford.  

On 2018-01-11 at 5:45 AM, Beemon said:

Why did he take photos of his computer to upload to Craigslist? Wouldn't he already have the photos on his computer? ?

This is right next to me at school. Looks to be about the same condition as mine, minus the headliner and floor boards. My car was also a low mileage car, around "50,000" miles when I got it. ?

Probably because it isn't his car. 

A number of years back, someone noted an ad in the Carolinas for a 1952 Roadmaster. Photos attached to the ad were mine and at least one had my wife in the photo. 

• Like 1