help/hurt the sale?

"Seller’s Description:

1950 Oldsmobile 88 convertible, This is a 1951 Chevrolet Hardtop - now convertible -

trimmed out like a 1950 Oldsmobile 88 - Has a rebuilt 1953 Chevy 235 cu.in motor... 

fun car for local driving - It has appeared in 2 movies."

I guess that's what happens when you have

a Chevrolet to restore but buy an Oldsmobile

parts car by mistake--

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

All that said, it made a surprisingly attractive car. 

I'm sure that a close inspection would reveal a bunch of shoddy work, based on the list of all the things not working. In addition, wouldn't a hardtop frame need some stiffening to handle the extra stress of a convertible?

If the price were more in line, it sure would make a nice beater around the farm.  Assuming I wanted a beater.  Assuming I had the money.  Oh, and assuming I had the farm....

• Like 2

Well the GREAT thing about that link was finding the story of the two MERCER Raceabouts that were shipped to Japan before 1915, and the related story about the car dealership in LA that had Japanese owners. AACA complaining finally produced something positive.....................must be a 2018 trend to look for in the future. Bob

It reminds me of the guys in the hot rod crowd with "faux mobile" valve covers to make a small block chevy look like an Oldsmobile engine. Also, a noisy camshaft gear drive to make their car sound like it has a blower.  You want an Olds motor put one in, you want a blower install one, why fake anything.