Heater core for 1957 Ford Retractible

There is a place near San Deigo -  La Mesa -- I think, called Ken's Thunderbirds. He is an expert on retractable Fords. He may just be able to help. My brother has gotten parts from him for his bird. I will try to get a phone number and send it to you. You also could try the Ford Enthusiast Forum. Good luck 

Try Salinas Radiator Shop in Salinas Ca. They rebuilt my heater core for my 1961 Mercury which is no longer available. They do great work, Have good pricing. And gave me a two year warranty. They redid my radiator too.

231 E Market St,

Salinas, CA 93901

(831) 424-5647

If it is the same as a '57 T-Bird then there is this for $100 plus $20 shipping.

FAA18476A-HEATER-CORE-1952-56-FORD-CROWN-VICTORIA-55-57-THUNDERBIRD-REPRO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAA18476A-HEATER-CORE-1952-56-FORD-CROWN-VICTORIA-55-57-THUNDERBIRD-REPRO-/400725188711?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275

I would hook up the hoses to bypass the old heater core and remove it and take measurements and/or picture, assuming you haven't removed it already? Inlet and outlet tubing diameter, spacing between the tubes, and overall height, width and depth so it will fit. See if the basic configuration looks like this T-Bird heater core.

5 hours ago, michel88 said:

I took it to a commercial radiator shop and they were able to re-core it.

Sadly, radiator shops seem to be disappearing at an alarming rate.  I recently tried to find one in the D.C. area to clean and test the radiator in my 67 Olds. The two nearest me have closed in the last few years, as have several others in the area.  There are now only three that I am aware of near here, one in Winchester, VA, one in Hagerstown, MD, and one in Arlington VA. Each is about an hour drive for me.

4 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Thanks everyone. I was told to try some pellets first that may fix it. I appreciate this info in case. 

You guys always come through!

Those old cores are so easy to fix, please don't go dropping pellets in a good radiator to stop up a leaky old heater core.

Joe there is a radiator shop that is pretty close to you.  Try Cummins Radiator Co.  The address is 3200 Washington Blvd Baltimore MD 21230 410-646-4892.  It's in Lansdown and they have been in business a long time. They recored my '51 Ford heater core and recored my '40 Roadmaster radiator also adding an additional row of tubes.  It made the Roadmaster run nice and cool!