1927 Hudson Touring in GC on CL inVT.

I found this 1927 Hudson in VT on Craigslist.  Looks like a really good car to just clean up and get back in operation.  How did these rate as road cars.  Seems like a reasonable price if you just want to tinker and go.

Needs work but is restorable, asking $15,000 or best offer. Please email me if you have any questions or need more information.

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/6121530608.html

I almost want to go look at this one. 

01010_5pRCL6xorwC_600x450.jpg00X0X_5mHjOiaamoz_600x450.jpg01111_hVF0aQluJTw_600x450.jpg00606_hxJIIYxepJ6_600x450.jpg

excellent road cars, easy cruise at 55 mph

Capable of 70 mph ,  big brakes but you still need room to stop at those speeds.

I drove my 1929 Hudson all through the Midwest and eastern states.

Never a break down.

Gas mileage 9-11 MPG

Great engines , the 29 being the upgrade.

Not a common body style , looks like a nice car near that price.

Looks like a fun car at a decent price, seven passenger hurts it a lot in most people's minds......not mine. They were very nice cars in their day. Sadly there is not much interest in this era car today, and supply tends to be out front of demand. I'm sure someone will grab it and enjoy it.

Those Hudsons with their Super Six engines were a favorite with bootleggers and rum runners. They were fast cars without a lot of show and flash. The only car that could catch them were the late 20's Lincolns with the V-8s. 

3 hours ago, edinmass said:

Looks like a fun car at a decent price, seven passenger hurts it a lot in most people's minds......not mine. They were very nice cars in their day. Sadly there is not much interest in this era car today, and supply tends to be out front of demand. I'm sure someone will grab it and enjoy it.

Do people look down on 7 passenger models?  Perhaps it is just from the guy who raised me, but I have always considered them a step above a 5 place touring.  The big bodied cars would obviously come behind low and fast looking sport models (often custom bodied) that would be 5 passenger, but I have always considered a 7 passenger touring to be much more desirable than a normal 5 passenger touring.

It's a good looking car.  I think the bigger 7 passenger body makes it look sleeker if that's possible.  Probably because it gives it more length so it brings the height down.  It's about 3 hours from me.  Of course I really need another car like a hole in the head. 

The sevenger passenger substantially hurts the salability and price. I don't mind them pre 1929, but it bothers most collectors. They make great family fun cars.........everybody fits. When you get to the high level collector cars......V-12 Packard, V-12 Caddy, ect the seven passenger touring are very hard sells. At the lower end of the market I think the effect is not as severe, but it's still a substantial detriment. Over all looks like a fine car that would be lots of fun. I am quite sure it will find an enthuastic new owner. It's close to me and would make a fun toy, but I have finished and running cars that haven't been out in two years,

Seven passenger cars be they tourings or sedans have always been underappreciated, and many were used as donor cars to restore 5 passenger tourings, roadsters etc.

Some of the tourings in the mid to late 1920s, depending upon the make, can have a higher windshield to accommodate head room for those who sit on the jump seats, so may look a little out of proportion compared to the rest of the body style. Check the June issue 2017 of Hemmings Classic Car magazine for an article on the 7 passenger body types with lots of period images.

As has been stated above, they have lots of room for comfort in an era when bodies/coachwork  were very narrow. After 1929, the stylists were able to start to lower the roof lines without sacrificing headroom. I totally agree with Edinmaass that the " 7 pass body style hurts it in a lot in most people's  minds...not mine" , I too think they are really neat cars.

• Like 1