new ebay listing

Seafoam65

Whoa Nellie!  Jeminy Crimeny!  There's a pair of NOS park lamp turn signal assemblies for a 63 or 64 Riviera

on ebay right now. They include the lenses, sockets and chrome bezels. The price?   2250 dollars! Holy bank account Batman!

Popping Popcorn!

Yeah, the guru is great. I have a 2nd gen. set on back-order with him. I don't know where he gets these gems. A god send.

This would bring a car to supreme status.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-1964-Riviera-Park-Turn-Signal-Lenses-Bezels-Housings-NOS-/131690388704?hash=item1ea95bdce0:g:xF8AAOSwX~dWhthV&vxp=mtr

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

Yea real nice. Starting bid of $12k. Assuming no serious body rot its well worth that. If its originally an IL car definitely need looked at in person for rust. Very original in many areas that typically don't survive as original. Love to see original battery cables. Original heater control water valve with original retaining clip, etc.

But the listing is in error. They say the car is a GS, aluminum valve covers, chrome air cleaner which the car in pics don't have.

Too bad they don't show the VIN. The trunk looks original with black material which would make it a late production # like May or June. If anyone happens to find out the VIN or Build date please let me know.

The more I look at this car the more I like it....aside from the wonky GS emblem of course

Edited by JZRIV
ad last line (see edit history)

In the text, the seller makes reference to the items that Jason noted are missing in the photos.  ???????  The following is copied and pasted from the eBay listing.  I've changed the text color to red to make it easy to find. But the GS emblems are in the wrong place and there's no Riviera GS on the glove box. ??????  Caveat emptor?

Ed

Absolutely Stunning 1966 Buick Riviera GS with the 465 Wild Cat Engine and a Posi-Traction Rear end. Regal Black color code specification. This car has about 54,000 miles on the original engine and drivetrain. The White vinyl interior is absolutely original to the car and is in near perfectly new condition without any rips. The engine has finned aluminum "BUICK" valve covers and a beautiful chrome air cleaner, which is standard with the "GS" package. The car has new brakes with original oversized finned aluminum front brake drums and five (5) BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires (including the spare, which is also mounted to the chrome sport wheel). This highly prized collectible car is way too nice to be stored outside.

Please call me at 815-276-3033 with questions.

On March 30, 2017 at 2:55 PM, telriv said:

Just a word of caution here. Have been known to take excellent used parts & passed them off as NOS. Much better to deal with the dealers/sellers in the ROA for the best possible parts availability.

Not to defend this guy (as I know absolutely nothing about him or his business practices), but my experience is that there are a whole lot of folks who don't know what "NOS" means.  A lot of them think it means "in really good shape" and use the term accordingly.  Of course, there are also those who know exactly what it means and are just FOS when describing their parts.

8 hours ago, KongaMan said:

Not to defend this guy (as I know absolutely nothing about him or his business practices), but my experience is that there are a whole lot of folks who don't know what "NOS" means.  A lot of them think it means "in really good shape" and use the term accordingly.  Of course, there are also those who know exactly what it means and are just FOS when describing their parts.

True that.

But I'm convinced these pieces of art have never been installed on a car. The hi resolution images do not reveal a pixel's worth of corrosion, dirt, abrasion, checking, fade or wrench mark from a fastener install. Were these ever reproduced? (Note "made in USA")

I'll get a first gen one day! :rolleyes:

lamp.png

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Chimera said:

This cat tried selling this piece of toast months ago and did not succeed.

Half a century in Arizona/Texas is equivalent to 24 hours on the surface of Mercury. Toast still appears as toast - fresh or old.

New owner is going to have to replace all "plastics" and wiring harness.

He's asking WAY too much IMHO.

On 3/30/2017 at 0:50 PM, Seafoam65 said:

Whoa Nellie!  Jeminy Crimeny!  There's a pair of NOS park lamp turn signal assemblies for a 63 or 64 Riviera

on ebay right now. They include the lenses, sockets and chrome bezels. The price?   2250 dollars! Holy bank account Batman!

Look at these diamond earrings - almost makes me want a '70.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-BUICK-RIVIERA-CORNERING-LAMP-PACKAGE-NOS/192146044821?_trksid=p5411.c100170.m2943&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140131123831%26meid%3D9ca07226e80f4440bca930a962242f5c%26pid%3D100170%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D192146044821

s-l1600.jpg.jpeg