The Man Behind The Cars ~ My Dad

victorialynn2

There have been so many on this forum who have extended a helping hand to me on my journey to make sense of how to liquidate my father's car collection. I seriously have gained so much knowledge and advice and it has been a huge benefit.

The guidance I have been given has resulted in information that has helped me better understand the cars so I can talk knowledgably to prospective buyers without looking like a fool, prep the cars for sale and price them reasonably. I would not be as successful as I have been without all your help 

I thought I'd post a couple pictures of my dad because some of us have become friends in this process and I thought it appropriate to introduce you to my father, Edmund.

I have so many pics, but will post a few that I have handy at the moment on my phone. A few of these are at car museums I brought him to (not his cars), and one barely has a car in it, but if you look hard you will find the '30 Model A. One is a Harley with he and my sister, but there's a truck in the background. Lol. The the last one is he and my mother when they were about 27. There's no car in that one but I just really cherish that photo. I don't have many of them together because they separated when I was a baby. I would like to try and dig out one of him as a teen with one of his first cars and post that at a later time as well. 

Thank you all so much for your help, and unless you warn me otherwise I will continue to pick your brains when I'm fighting, I mean working, with these cars. ;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)
  • Like 8

Thanks for the photos.  It's nice putting a face especially earlier pics of your Dad to the story. 

I love seeing old photos of my grandfather when he was in his 30's who built boats back in the day from people that took photos when they were picking up their new boat.  You never remember what your relatives were like during their prime. It's a nice window into that era of their life. 

• Like 1

Victoria Lynn, I have really enjoyed following your posts on here and hope you continue. I was wondering if you remember where your dad got that picture of him with the tucker? I was lucky enough to see and get a picture of a tucker being restored here in Canada. I'm sure it's a different one than the one your dad is with in that pic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ragtop4two said:

Victoria Lynn, I have really enjoyed following your posts on here and hope you continue. I was wondering if you remember where your dad got that picture of him with the tucker? I was lucky enough to see and get a picture of a tucker being restored here in Canada. I'm sure it's a different one than the one your dad is with in that pic.

That was here:. http://www.dicksclassicgarage.com 

They have some beautiful cars, it's worth the trip. It's between Austin and San Antonio. 

And if you come down this way, and like motorcycles, this is a great place to visit: http://www.lonestarmotorcyclemuseum.com. They are opened seasonally and will be closing when the elderly owners can no longer keep it open, so hurry and call first. 

Here is the very impressive list of cars that you can find on the website link I posted above, including the 1948 Tucker Torpedo:

1901 Curved Dash Olds
1918 Milburn Electric
1919 Lone Star
1921 Stanley Steamer Model 735B
1924 Bentley 3.0 L Red Label
1927 Ford Model T Coupe
1929 Auburn Boattail Speedster
1929 Cord L-29 Convertible Coupe
1929 Duesenberg Model J by Bohman & Schwartz
1929 Stutz Model M LeBaron Dual Cowl Phaeton
1930 Duesenberg Model J by Willoughby
1931 Cadillac 355 Roadster
1931 Cadillac 452A V-16 Sport Phaeton
1931 Chrysler CG Imperial Dual Cowl Phaeton
1931 Ford Deluxe Model A Roadster
1931 Packard 840 Deluxe 8 Roadster
1932 Ford Model 18 Roadster
1932 Ford Model B Coupe
1932 Marmon 2 Passenger Coupe
1933 Duesenberg Model SJ by Murphy
1935 Auburn Boattail Speedster
1935 Chevrolet ½ ton Truck
1936 Cord 810 Cabriolet Convertible
1936 Indian Chief 74
1937 DeSoto Sedan
1938 Ford Deluxe Convertible Club Coupe
1938 Hudson Terraplane Pickup
1938 Oldsmobile L-38 Convertible Coupe
1939 Chrysler C 24 Custom Imperial Parade Phaeton
1940 Chris Craft 17ft. Deluxe Runabout
1940 LaSalle Series 52 Special
1941 Packard 110 Series 1900
1941 Packard 180 Darrin Victoria
1942 Harley Davidson Model UL
1942 Lincoln Continental Convertible
1943 Ford GPW Jeep
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible
1947 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Town Sedan
1947 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible
1947 Lincoln Continental Convertible
1948 Buick Roadmaster Convertible
1948 Chevrolet Fleetline Aero Sedan Country Club
1948 Dodge B Series Pickup
1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Fleetline Sportsman Sedan
1948 Packard 2 Door Club Sedan
1948 Tucker Torpedo

1949 Oldsmobile 88 Deluxe Club Coupe
1950 Chevrolet Deluxe Styleline Convertible
1950 Mercury Coupe
1950 Nash Ambassador Super
1951 Ford Custom Deluxe Convertible
1951 Kaiser Deluxe Golden Dragon
1951 Studebaker Champion Regal Convertible
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Super Deluxe Catalina
1953 Buick Roadmaster Skylark Convertible
1953 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe de Ville
1954 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe
1954 Ford Crestline Skyliner
1954 Mercury Monterey Station Wagon
1954 Oldsmobile 98 Starfire Convertible
1954 Packard Caribbean Convertible
1955 Buick Special Riviera
1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible
1955 Ford Fairlane Crown Victoria
1955 Mercury Montclair Hardtop
1955 Oldsmobile 88 Holiday Coupe
1955 Packard Four Hundred Hardtop Coupe
1955 Studebaker President Speedster
1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Sport Coupe
1956 DeSoto Firedome Seville
1956 DeSoto Firedome Station Wagon
1956 Ford Fairlane County Sedan Station Wagon
1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convetible
1957 Ford Thunderbird E Code
1957 Hudson Hornet Custom
1957 Pontiac Star Chief Convertible
1958 Ford Fairlane 500 Skyliner Retractable Hardtop
1958 Packard Hawk
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1959 Chevrolet Corvette
1959 Edsel Corsair Convertible
1959 Ford Galaxie Skyliner Retractable Hardtop

10 hours ago, ragtop4two said:

Victoria Lynn, I have really enjoyed following your posts on here and hope you continue.

^^^ THIS!

Wish I had the money for that 1979 Lincoln ... such a gorgeous car.

I sure appreciate seeing the photos & seeing your Dad.  In a way, this reminded me of an "epic thread" of a friend of mine, who restored her Dad's car for him ... then gave it to him a surprise ... a little bit before his death.  I finally got to meet her in person & see the car during my last road trip, 2011's "Coast-to-Coast" journey.  I posted a little bit about it here, if you're interested:
http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2016/06/14/tuesday-trip-65/

I feel lost without my road trips because I absolutely love meeting people ... I feel so much more "at home" when I'm "on the road".....

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc

"I know it's crazy, but it's true" | Christopher Cross | 'Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)'

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

And in addition to all else, he likes dogs!!!!

When I got to Texas he was lost without a dog. His had passed. He always had them. I took him to several rescues. This is Molly Ivan's. We got her the first week I was here at the Medina Dog rescue. It was a match made in heaven. She jumped in the car before we were sure we were going to take her. There was a write up about it in the local paper. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ragtop4two said:

More about the Tucker. I went to the museum again today. .5 miles on it. image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow, thanks for the family memories, ties it all together.  You certainly had a neat father - and wow, you sure look like your Mom!   We all feel we've got to know you, and in return I hope you get a feel for what made the old car hobby so great for your dad also.  It's the people who help make it great.  We hope to see you on the road one of these days, we know you'd fit in so well.  Maybe it's in the DNA!

Terry

• Like 1

A little correction for Terry...."have a neat father". Victoria, just wanted to say thanks for sharing.  I've been following your posts with some interest as I've gone through a similar issue with family, although not such a big financial burden.  It's always nice to put faces with names and the story.

Scott

• Like 1