Paint Wheels dodge d24 1948

bypass

Hi,

can anyone tell me if the inside of the wheels is also painted with the color of the car?

The car is beige. The outside of the rims are painted in beige. To be original, the inside is also painted in beige? or may be black. It´s a dodge club coupe and the wheels are like in the pic:

Thanks

dodge club coupe.jpg

I doubt it also but by believing in the General I have no idea what WPC might have done.:)  My 53 Buick, I was the second owner in 1960 had the same colour paint on both sides of the five wheels.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, Curti said:

Why would the manufacturer ever go to the bother to paint the rims multiple colors ?

I wondered the same thing, then put myself in the factory's position for a moment. Maybe they buy pallets of wheels from their supplier and they all come in with a thin coat of black on them. For the base line cars, they stay black. To dress up the high line cars, they paint the outside body color (why bother with the inside).

15 minutes ago, BillP said:

I wondered the same thing, then put myself in the factory's position for a moment. Maybe they buy pallets of wheels from their supplier and they all come in with a thin coat of black on them. For the base line cars, they stay black. To dress up the high line cars, they paint the outside body color (why bother with the inside).

I was thinking that just when you were posting it.