Classics and Exotics Question

Guest Classics and Exotics

Market Research  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in renting out your classic car if you were offered a $1 million insurance protection plan and renters were prescreened

• Yes
    • No

In 1962 I was working for a Chevrolet dealer.  The Pontiac dealer across the street was filming a commercial for the new Pontiacs.  He asked if they could borrow or rent my Pontiac.  They wanted to run my car into the local "Automatic Car Wash" and have a new Pontiac come out the other end.  Since the person asking was a personal friend of my boss I said okay.  The car wash was 1 mile from where they picked up the car and the ran it through the carwash a few times and returned the car and gave me $50.00.  When I went out to go home I discovered that my car had 90 miles added on the odometer.  I showed this to my boss who spoke to his friend who owned the other dealership.  His friend just shrugged.  From that day the only people to drive my car if I am not in it are my Wife and my two Sons.  I have driven over 100 miles in the mountains at night to take a friend home rather than lend my car to them when theirs was broken.  When you have these older vehicles anything could break at any time without it being any ones fault.  But who wants the bad feelings between friends.  It's really my fault if it breaks whether I am driving or you are driving so why give the opportunity for hard feelings.  My car, I drive or my three closest family members.  Eliminates all the possible problems insurance or otherwise.