Wildcat Commercial

60FlatTop

Better check the "add-on customization" area of the big-box discount store.  Many imitations, circular, angular, etc.  Many artfully applied to non-Buicks! 

Another iconic BUICK styling cue/feature live on!

MANY Buick commercials and such on YouTube!!!  Including the Buick durability run at Daytona in 1960.  Find a comfortable chair and enjoy the many car ads you can link to, one from another.

NTX5467

8 hours ago, JZRIV said:

Many modern car commercials leave me shaking my head wondering who they are marketing to.

The answer is -- NOT you!   :huh:  (Sadly, I feel the same way more and more as time goes by...)

My Mom, in her 80's, after a major stroke, and with advanced macular degeneration, told me several times, that she did not feel old. So, with my apology for being so rude: SNAP OUT OF IT! :D  Those 35yr olds aspire to what you have, and do!      

• Like 1

Here's a good one. Imagine you woke up with no idea of how old you are. Then try to figure out your age. I have been doing that for a few years now and the answer keeps coming up; about 45? Works pretty good until I remember how old the kids are.

My Great Uncle Denny O'Brien (now you know this is trouble already) had a visit from his Daughter in the nursing home. He put down the paper and said "I'd like to live another 25 years." His Daughter said "Dad, you are bedridden, in a nursing home, can hardly walk, and need to be cared for. What ever do you want to stay around for?" She told me he "just wanted to see what happened". I would have said "Just for the anticipation of you cheery visits!" And that's why I'm going to outlive Uncle Denny.

To this ad and the political incorrectness, the worst thing is to ignore it. That would be like throwing out Walt Disney's Arabia, although I liked Popeye's more.

Bernie

On 10/6/2016 at 11:23 AM, JZRIV said:

Both great commercials. thanks for posting. Too bad they can't make them like that today. Many modern car commercials leave me shaking my head wondering who they are marketing to.

Realistically, how are you going to make a bandito commercial for a Nissan Altima?

3 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Here's a good one. Imagine you woke up with no idea of how old you are. Then try to figure out your age. I have been doing that for a few years now and the answer keeps coming up; about 45? Works pretty good until I remember how old the kids are.

My Great Uncle Denny O'Brien (now you know this is trouble already) had a visit from his Daughter in the nursing home. He put down the paper and said "I'd like to live another 25 years." His Daughter said "Dad, you are bedridden, in a nursing home, can hardly walk, and need to be cared for. What ever do you want to stay around for?" She told me he "just wanted to see what happened". I would have said "Just for the anticipation of you cheery visits!" And that's why I'm going to outlive Uncle Denny.

To this ad and the political incorrectness, the worst thing is to ignore it. That would be like throwing out Walt Disney's Arabia, although I liked Popeye's more.

Bernie

I can do that at home until I sit down and surf the internet or substitute teach and realize that the 12 year olds know a whole lot more about technology than I do.  I used to celebrate the ?? anniversary of my 27th birthday until the anniversary years were bigger than the birthday year I was celebrating. Celebrating my 35th birthday still gives me one year up but that's only good until February..

I've begun to realize that it's no longer a job to teach facts but rather how to look up facts.  I had a class of 7th graders in math the other day who were practicing dividing fractions.  They knew the proper algorithm but had to have a 12 x 12 multiplication chart beside them to find the answers.  It was a "no calculator" test but they could use a cheat sheet.  :(

• Like 1

My wife is a geriatrician and bought one. She was leaving her house keys in the car to test the app. She was somewhat interested for herself, but also for her client base. Of course, the map doesn't help much when you are in the vicinity but it seems to me it will make noise as well.