What is it?

I went out to a local salvage yard to get some parts, and took a bunch of pictures that I will post for you guys/gals to see. I thought I would put up a few shots of this car, and see if any one can guess the year and make. If you have been out there and know what it is, please sit tight. Wondering if any one can point out any distinctive things that will tell what it is?

vintage auto 079.JPG

vintage auto 080.JPG

vintage auto 081.JPG

My shop isn't tidy either.(not quite that bad though)   When you are in the parts business you don't get paid to clean the shop,  you get paid by the parts you get ready and actually get on the market.  The problem with my business is also for every part you identify,  there is another that sits in the box that you don't.  Those one's you don't identify or are not quite worth the time to get ready to sell,  start multiplying quite fast.  

38 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

My best guess was going to be 28-30 Ford A going by hood louvers and wheels, but then there were those pesky longitudinal front leaf springs...

And those pesky cowl vents located where the fuel tank would be on a Model A are the key.

For any interested parties....the roadster in the first three photos is indeed a 1931 DeSoto SA6 rumble seat roadster and I found out from the owner of the SALVAGE yard (don't say JUNK yard to him) that the price is $25,000.00.

Guest Grumpy's Auto Shop
29 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

For any interested parties....the roadster in the first three photos is indeed a 1931 DeSoto SA6 rumble seat roadster and I found out from the owner of the SALVAGE yard (don't say JUNK yard to him) that the price is $25,000.00.

Motivated seller?

Which is precisely why it is sitting there. Along with the large quantity of parts that I presume are at the same location. If something as desirable as the Desoto sits for a decade or more in a "for sale" state then clearly the asking price is not realistic.

Greg in Canada

Guest Grumpy's Auto Shop

The sad part of holding out for a price, waiting for 'the greater fool', is that it is the CAR which ultimately suffers as a result.

"But it has new tires I put on in 1987..."

Edited by Grumpy's Auto Shop (see edit history)

Do not talk it down as by chance is the chassis & drive line all restored with the new chrome and interior kit in the trunk. Then the body was just set on it to save floor space with an extra complete parts car buried there somewhere. Then I might consider it then.