Earl Beauchamp #55 will see you all in Allentown

Dynaflash8

Some of you know that I have had medical issues that could have kept me from attending Allentown.  Just home from the doctor today, and I have nothing to worry about until the next time in mid October.  So, for Allan, Matt, and others who have asked me, yes I'll be in Allentown, and at both banquets.

Best regards to all, Earl Beauchamp, Jr., BCA #55

• Like 7

Earl,

Glad you received a good report from the doctors can make it.  I know what "health issues" can do.  I have a more stronger appreciation for the medical professionals than ever.  Looking forward to seeing you.

John

Thanks Mr. Earl.  Well, I'll be driving our light blue 2001 Park Avenue, which we drove up from Florida to Virginia over the last two days.  I almost drove the 1978 Riviera 75th Anniversary car I just bought, but so far I've done little more than drive it around the block.  I love these 1991-2005 Park Avenue's so maybe they deserve to have one at the show.  One thing wrong with Florida is that you have to drive five hours to get out of Florida and then decide where you go next <haha>

By the way, #54 was a guy from Vermont by the name of Bob Jones.  The Buick hobby lost him some  years ago.  Everybody prior to #54 was from California.  I was also in the BCCA, which failed and BCA was born.  I can't remember my number, but I think it was in the low 300's.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to meeting you, Earl. I'm very pleased that the doctor gave you the green light.

I've got the '41 Limited running as well as it ever has, buttery smooth and no stumbles in the idle--I've got those Strombergs tweaked to the millimeter. The shocks seem to be holding oil so it rides nicely, the brakes are fresh, the exhaust isn't hitting the frame anymore, and while farting around with it this evening, the driver's overhead dome light mysteriously started working. I don't think I'll bother washing it until we get there, though. I might just even leave the bugs on it for the show...

Going to head east on 322 to Harrisburg/Hershey on Thursday then make the last leg to Allentown on Friday morning. Nice and easy, no high-speed flogging on the turnpike, just quiet roads and we'll get there when we get there. No stressing the big old limo. It's never given me a moment's doubt, so I feel that i can trust it to get us there--it wants to be there. Tools and a few vital parts (ignition parts, voltage regulator, and, um...) should keep the bad juju away from us as we drive. Dang, I just cursed us, didn't I?

See you there!

DSC_8727a.jpg

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Well, because of health issues I took my '39 back to Florida in July.  But, how did I know that I would pass this first Cancer screening with flying colors? But, thankfully I did and I'm good to at least mid-October when I get the next checkup screening. I had the blue '39 in NC for the AACA Sentimental Tour.  I did not want to leave it at the Virginia home, just in case things went bad. Then, I couldn''t face dragging the trailer back North, so Judy and I are here in our light metallic blue 2001 Buick Park Avenue. Iit is just as well, as the traffic was awful and it took 6 hours from eastern Virginia.  Look us up on the field or at the Best Western in Bethlehem.  It's raining this morning.  Let's all vote for that rain to go away.  Earl Beauchamp #55

PS: I thought I had the lowest number outside of California, still with BCA, but I found out yesterday that #6 moved from California, so he is the lowest number outside of California.

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)
  • Like 2