Restore my buick electra 1969 :)

sebastienbuick

On 10/30/2020 at 11:55 PM, Larry Schramm said:

Sebastian,

Sorry, but I do not have any pictures of the cars in the factory.  At the time when the factories did tours and family days, it was just another day of visiting my Dad or other friends & relatives in the plant.  It was amazing at the time to see how the cars were being built and even more so to watch all of the parts come together and have the car start and drive away at the end of the line.

Hello, okay no problem ;) 
You were very lucky to be able to visit a factory ! ;) I would very much like to be in your place :) 

15 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

Hey Sebastian, it is hard to tell from your pictures above, but does that pamphlet show the Electra with the chrome road wheels?  

No on the document you can see the chrome wheels only on the Wildcat and the GS350 / 400.
But on another document we can see that they were also there on the Riviera GS and Skylark Custom.
This is what I saw on my documents :) .

• 1 month later...

Good evening everyone, here is some news from the Buick :) . Normally it's good for the bodybuilder for the start of the year, I take the upholstery the first or second week of January and I have a door panel that is stained that I will redo tinted by a professional in early January as well  :) . 

I then continued the work through the rear window defrost box.

As we can see it is not super clean and there is rust starting to set in

SAM_7438.thumb.JPG.59dfcc1a1fcfc72b26031b146bb713af.JPG

SAM_7440.thumb.JPG.33a3655c3573de9d427329b8b51ec7cf.JPG

SAM_7442.thumb.JPG.34d2a557c6ea6830dc6196c3dddd6ed6.JPG

SAM_7554.thumb.JPG.faa2dc4ad32ae8864ac8c65f502d6620.JPG

SAM_7555.thumb.JPG.2edd877accf4f40fc15a9fc2d2bc6733.JPG

The rear window defrost box is therefore finished :) 

Now, so that I can continue, the Buick must first be painted so that I can work on the parts as and when reassembly (insulation in the passenger compartment, reassembly of the bumpers, ...)

The only thing (unless I forget) that I can do is put the front brakes back (I received the discs) and bleed the brakes, so that will be the next step normally :) 

• Like 5

That turned out nice!  I keep seeing restorations of toy trucks with plastic parts and the plastic turns out nice.  I wondered 

what they  use to clean that up.  The fan looks like it turned out as new!  You are an inspiration.

I'm cleaning every little bit of my Electra - when I think I'm going to far all I need is to remember Sebastienbuick!

Cheers, happy Christmas to you.

Ted

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel said:

That turned out nice!  I keep seeing restorations of toy trucks with plastic parts and the plastic turns out nice.  I wondered 

what they  use to clean that up.  The fan looks like it turned out as new!  You are an inspiration.

I'm cleaning every little bit of my Electra - when I think I'm going to far all I need is to remember Sebastienbuick!

Cheers, happy Christmas to you.

Ted

Thank you very much Wildcat65 , it's very kind of you by ;) 
For the propeller I soak them in detergent for 5 days then with an old toothbrush I clean the propeller :)
Thank you

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Reminds me of Christmas presents past. Golf clubs, sweaters, CDs are all fine and dandy but nothing gets the blood going like a needed part for the ole collector car! My family still needles me over my most coveted present of all time, a rare chrome trim piece for my ‘58 Continental convertible. 
car is coming along great Sebastian 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, valk said:

Reminds me of Christmas presents past. Golf clubs, sweaters, CDs are all fine and dandy but nothing gets the blood going like a needed part for the ole collector car! My family still needles me over my most coveted present of all time, a rare chrome trim piece for my ‘58 Continental convertible. 
car is coming along great Sebastian 

thank you very much Valk :) , it's always nice to be offered a piece for your vintage car :)