sebastienbuick

Restore my buick electra 1969 :)

hello, here is my new buick 69.
for what does not remember I'm French and I'm 21 years old.
I will try to put the photos of the beginning and now I will comment after :)

SAM_7332.JPG

SAM_7288.JPG

SAM_7275.JPG

SAM_7124.JPG

SAM_7126.JPG

SAM_7159.JPG

SAM_7160.JPG

SAM_7163.JPG

SAM_7196.JPG

SAM_7227.JPG

SAM_7229.JPG

SAM_7275.JPG

SAM_7288.JPG

SAM_7332.JPG

SAM_7333.JPG

SAM_7334.JPG

SAM_7390.JPG

SAM_7394.JPG

SAM_7397.JPG

SAM_7398.JPG

SAM_7401.JPG

SAM_7436.JPG

SAM_7441.JPG

SAM_7442.JPG

SAM_7446.JPG

SAM_7447.JPG

SAM_7453.JPG

SAM_7461.JPG

SAM_7480.JPG

SAM_7491.JPG

SAM_7495.JPG

SAM_7516.JPG

SAM_7518.JPG

SAM_7124.JPG

SAM_7125.JPG

SAM_7126.JPG

SAM_7159.JPG

SAM_7160.JPG

SAM_7163.JPG

SAM_7196.JPG

SAM_7227.JPG

SAM_7229.JPG

SAM_7334.JPG

SAM_7390.JPG

SAM_7394.JPG

SAM_7397.JPG

SAM_7398.JPG

SAM_7436.JPG

• Like 2

hello, here are some pictures of the early restoration of my buick (starting in September 2015).
I board not remove the chassis because I had no place, so I try to do the same thing but with the chassis set.
everything was a sand sheet metal then after I put a primer phosphating and white primary

for the bottom I did the same thing but in addition there is a rust black paint and a UNDERBODIES (blaxon) .I do deu into two parts with the front and back because I did not asser place too :).

I made piece by piece (inside the box, with underbody frame, chest, right side doors, doors left sides, now the hood that I have to finish), and after I continued

by the front wings, wheel, brake ....
and I want to know if I can find a restoration kit for front brake?
thank you

• Like 3

hello and thank you :), I inquire and was told that there was no remanufactured for discs and pads (to the front).
and someone told me that GM had probably done a restoration kit to mount either same.
is it true ? on the internet I found a California dashboard in good condition :) (mine was cut to the radio).

I also find on the internet that this foam put in the hood, there's a hole in the middle and I wonder why? was there a light at that location?
I'll put the links if I can

http://www.rubbertherightway.com/1969-buick-restoration-parts-hood-53147-prd1.htm

thank you ! ;) 

Man Oh Man, YOU are KING OF THE HILL when it comes to photo's. 

You sure have documented your progress, GOOD FOR YOU/US.

Dale in Indy

thank you :) .

could someone tell me what color is inside the bonnet? (Black or color bodywork).
thank you to all of you :)

Bonnet? Do you mean the hood? The hinged thingy that covers the engine.  Most Buicks that I've seen from the 60's were painted a satin black on the bottom side of the hood.  If I were to paint the inside of a bonnet, some girl would get paint in her hair.  If I were to paint the inside of my boot, I'd get paint on my foot.  A wing is something on an airplane, not aeroplane, and a fender is something that covers the tire (tyre ?) or a brand name of a guitar.  

Just having some fun.  But if you need to transport you car, you'd better find a truck; if you put your car on a Lorry, her dad would get very upset because you'd probably injure here severely.

Ed 

The underside of the hood should be satin black.  However, I have noticed on my 69 GS and on my 72 Electra, that there is a considerable amount of splatter of the body color under there as well.  It's not everywhere, and  I think it the splatter/overspray was done at the factory when the edges of the hood were painted body color.  The GS may have had the hood painted before I got it, but I am 99% certain the Electra is still wearing her factory coat.  

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 1:37 AM, sebastienbuick said:

I inquire and was told that there was no remanufactured for discs and pads (to the front).
and someone told me that GM had probably done a restoration kit to mount either same.
is it true ?

When I had my 69 Electra, back from 1990 through 2004 (or 5), the pads for the disc brakes were available.  The kits you refer to may be caliper rebuild kits, and I don't know if they are still available.  But the rotors were not available.  At the time Kanter Auto parts https://www.kanter.com/  was advertising that they were having the rotors manufactured, but I never saw them actually available before I sold my car.

Whatever you do, do not throw away your old parts. 

PS: I just looked at that site I recommended, and it appears they do have rotors.  But I would call them before sending any money.  First off they list the drum and rotor as available for a 65-70.  While the drum may be the same for all those years, I am not certain the rotors would be the same.  The full sized Buicks had the 4 piston calipers for 67-69.  In 70 I believe the calipers were changed to the single piston caliper.  Maybe they did use the same rotor in 70?  But I am not certain.

Hello, ok thank you very much for all this information;).
electra is my original caramel color and the edge of the inside cover there is caramel paint. so I think it's like your 69 gs.
So my hood and black satin original :)

thank you for the information on the brakes).
I'll send them a message :).
yes indeed they are caliper pistons 4, I'll see later;).
if not it rains this afternoon I will continue my hood sand and paint the primary.
I will put pictures;)

since there are not too pleased this afternoon, I stink finish sanding the hood and I go from rust transparant.
next step phosphating paint and primer :)

SAM_9100.JPG

• Like 1

LOVE the plethora of photos for your project ... very cool.  Your work is just as meticulous.  Very glad to see you saving this old Buick! :)

Cort > www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (needs new owner)

"I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end" __ James Taylor __ 'Fire & Rain'