Watch this 1976 Ford LTD Wagon come back to life! Griswold Family Truckster

Guest thecorvetteben

Thanks for posting the video.  It's really good to see some young guys excited about older vehicles and willing to rescue and rehab them.  I'm subscribed to your You Tube channel and have been enjoying your videos.  Are you really serious about putting wood grain paneling on the Ford?  It's a neat old car just as it is.

Keith

Diggin' the longroof. A 351 would be a much better engine, but the 400 was a product of its times. Two-barrel and tended to be prone to detonation due to a design flaw.

I think I'd leave the LTD Brougham Country Squire faux wood off too. Your call. I don't think I'd ever put the wood on my Olds Custom Cruiser though.

Without.

004.jpg

With.

9659030466_7ca3415e2a_z.jpg

Enjoyed the video too. One curiosity I have is the car has a GM Frigidaire a/c compressor. I always thought Fords at the time used York compressors.

I also noticed a mid 50's Cadillac in one shot of the video. Any stories about it? 

He has 45 videos on the Cadillac.  On the video here in the forum, click the YouTube icon (watch on YouTube).  Once on YouTube, click on his user name 'TheCorvetteBen'  (just below the play button).  That will take you to his home page on YouTube.  From there you can see all the videos he has posted, including the Cadillac.  Make sure you have a free hour or two before you do that.  ;)

• Like 1

Nice Videos. I have to give you guys credit for working outside. Reminds me of when I was young. Not sure I have enough ambition to do that anymore, especially in cool weather. Looks like that motor had some condensation issues with all the rust and stuck lifters. I think at that point I would have pulled the motor right out and went through the whole thing. I hope you do not find a crack in something after all of that. Dandy Dave!   

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...