Need 25 hubcaps! Seriously!

Steve Moskowitz

An artist friend who is making center pieces for the Elegance at Hershey charity gala needs 20 or so hubcaps in fairly good condition.  Brand does not matter and they do NOT have to be the same.  25 probably would work.  I already got him 70 license plates from a generous donor.  The gala benefits our museum. library and JDRF.  Anyone?

I'm closer but still a bit away.  I probably have 25 or so I would gift.  What sizes?  I know I don't have that many dog dish but i do have probably enough larger ones.  Most are probably 50's and 60's. Is there any way they could be picked up then you get what you want and not just ones you don't?  If it was fall I would gladly bring them with me to Hershey.  In in Warrensburg NY 12885. 

I just shipped 4 large heavy old tires from Seattle , WA. to Allentown , Pa. using Greyhound. Four 33x5 weighing a total of 184#. Cost only $78 ! The saving is substantial if you pack yourself , and take shipment to the bus station after doing all the "paperwork" on line. You will be sent the labels via email after completing and paying for the application. Pickup in person. Go to busfreighter.com. It took 8 or 9 days over Christmas. A few hubcaps should be cheaper. I have used "The Dog" before , and I think station to station would also mean items would be more secure and more carefully handled. - Carl

Steve, 

I don't have 25 but I think I can come up with a few various ones in decent shape. Would delivery to the Annual Meeting in Philadelphia work for you? If so, I would think we could probably get some others to bring some to Philadelphia too. 

Guest AlCapone

Why not get a quote from a local junk yard and then ask for nominal donations from this site to cover the cost I would be happy to contribute a few dollars. Wayne

Edited by AlCapone (see edit history)