Had or still have a Tonka Winnebago?

I never had 1 of these Tonka Winnebagos as a kid but know a few who did.  How about you: have or still have 1 of these?

Perfect sign for a tire shop, but think I would rather invite people to a party, not a flat tire!

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"All that it takes is some time" __ OAR __ 'Shattered'

I remember playing with one of these Tonka Winnebagos (or is it Winnebagoes?) as a kid.  One of my friends had it.

Either way, if I would've kept all the Tonka toys I had as a kid, with the prices they sell for today, I'd have a little kitty built up to fund my big boy toys.

• Like 1

Either way, if I would've kept all the Tonka toys I had as a kid, with the prices they sell for today, I'd have a little kitty built up to fund my big boy toys.

Oh my goodness, yes..........  Same here.  Tho, 1 of them I still have ... an orange dump truck ... which is now in the hands of my Nephew ... he loves it!

I was disappointed I got one for my birthday. All my friends laughed at it. Wayne

Wait ... what?  Your friends laughed at it?  That's ... sad. :(

I Had one I got from my Brother.  I have no Idea what happened to it.  I played with it a little.  My Sister's used it more because it was a good match for their Barbie's.

LOL!  Probably a better mobile home than the one available specifically FOR Barbie, too!

I sold one last year at Hershey, it was one of the many pieces from my Fathers Toy Collection. It was in rough shape and there were guys all over it as I unloaded it to put it on the table

I'm not surprised.  I'd love to find 1 myself ... maybe someday.

"Sweet memories will last for a long long time" __ Pointer Sisters __ 'I'm So Excited'

My brother had one.  He loved it.  Many of my friends (we are in our early 50s) had mothers who actually saved their toys.  Not my mother, she threw things away the first chance she could.  We could not even have kid stuff in our rooms--when we left for school in the morning, our rooms looked like a Catalog featuring furniture.  No kid stuff what so ever.  Very weird.   I would love to have some of my old toys back.  It is a treat to see some of that old Tonka stuff at my friend's homes.  Great stuff. 

Edited by Pomeroy41144 (see edit history)

Guest AlCapone

I sold one last year at Hershey, it was one of the many pieces from my Fathers Toy Collection. It was in rough shape and there were guys all over it as I unloaded it to put it on the table

What is the going price ? Wayne

Edited by AlCapone (see edit history)

What us the going price ? Wayne

Wayne, it was really for parts I think I sold it for $15-$20. I inherited well over 15,000 pieces so........ I am eager to get rid of the rough stuff. I see they sell for more on the internet, or should I say they ask for more. I finally put a pretty big dent in the collection this past winter, but still much more to go.

I have one in the attic,it was at the family property in Michigan probably played with by my cousins kids and was still in the shed when I went to clean out the place when we sold it so I brought it home along with other toys that were there.

Glad you brought it home ... instead of dumping it or selling it!

I still have mine. I totally had forgotten its up in the attic. I also have the Texaco Fire Engine, custom van, dump truck and a few others.

Sounds like a nice stash!  Glad this reminded you they are up there!

My brother had one.  He loved it.  Many of my friends (we are in our early 50s) had mothers who actually saved their toys.  Not my mother, she threw things away the first chance she could.  We could not even have kid stuff in our rooms--when we left for school in the morning, our rooms looked like a Catalog featuring furniture.  No kid stuff what so ever.  Very weird.   I would love to have some of my old toys back.  It is a treat to see some of that old Tonka stuff at my friend's homes.  Great stuff. 

Yikes ... sorry your Mom tossed so much.  My mom saved most of our toys ... such that my Nephew & Niece now play with most of them. ;)

"Mistakes become regrets" __ Carolina Liar __ 'Show Me What I'm Looking For'

I had a collection of Construction toys that I had Auctioned off about 10 years ago. There were about 600 pieces. The blue dump truck I kept because I had one just like it when I was a youngster. The collection funded the purchase of the 15 Buick. I have had a lot of fun with the Chartreuse Lady and I do not miss dusting all those toys. ;) Dandy Dave!  

I had a collection of Construction toys that I had Auctioned off about 10 years ago. There were about 600 pieces. The blue dump truck I kept because I had one just like it when I was a youngster. The collection funded the purchase of the 15 Buick. I have had a lot of fun with the Chartreuse Lady and I do not miss dusting all those toys. ;) Dandy Dave!  

LOL!  Yeah, dusting them can be a pain in the..............

Glad you kept that blue dump truck, tho ... that's sweet!

"You don't know what you have 'til your everything is gone" __ Blessid Union of Souls __ 'I Wanna Be There'

• 2 weeks later...