I Feel I Need To Share This Due To Rarity.....1948 Frazer With Factory AIR!!!

what is it?

i know this may not technically be the place for this but im posting this due to the oddity and rarity rather than the fact that its for sale...

i didnt know they had factory air as an option back then!? i mean most cadillacs didnt even have it then!

so i would say rare doesnt even begin to describe how rare it is! i couldnt imagine more than what? a dozen in existence!? if that!

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/4901727313.html

even though its at least 6+ hours away from me i certainly wouldnt mind picking this up especially since its so solid!

00q0q_ikryC5TZcs2_600x450.jpg

00j0j_2LIn5SUVVuL_600x450.jpg

00O0O_bGSbwaDnHTF_600x450.jpg

00k0k_33AGoP4k8Ay_600x450.jpg

Out of the cobwebs of my brain, says, one of the first freoned AC produced (cars) was Packard around 41 or 2. I have AC manual from a 1941 Flxible Clipper Bus that during

that time Charles Kettering was a board chairman or something at Flxible, and is said he was the father of freon and many other inventions..

That term 'air conditioner' as used in the above was well before the FTC established it to mean only a refrigerated air source, be it in a building or a vehicle. The British continued to use 'air conditioner' to describe a heater and/or fan-circulated air, and household humidifiers at one time were also marketed as 'air conditioners'

Craig

Guest Rp1967

True air conditioners were an expensive option back at that time.

A friend of mine with a 57 chevy with factory air researched it and the air was around $900 , making a $2200 car a $3100 car.

Would A/C be as popular today if it add $9000 or more to the sticker price?

Packard offered real A/C on its 1940-42 models, Cadillac offered it on its 1941-42 models (I've only seen one), and Chrysler offered it on their 1941 models (I've never seen one). The units were all built by the same company, Bishop & Babcock.

Real A/C was not offered on postwar cars until about 1953-54.

I don't think the one pictured is a swamp cooler. It just heats.

Upon closer inspection I think you're correct. The "instruction sheet" included in the OP's attachments threw me off. From what I see in the images, I think that "instruction sheet" page is totally unrelated.

Guest AlCapone
no it pretty far away from me. if it were closer i prolly would

6 hours for a car You seem to love is not that far away ! A nice weekend drive ! Wayne