Rhinebeck NY Meet is this week end. Who's Comming?

Guest 4 bufords

will look for you there dandy,will have my 62 invicta there sunday,4 bufords from ct

Thanks for posting, Dave. Will be there Sunday as well. Last two years we saw the Buick Roadster, but "Dandy Dave" must have been off kabitzing elsewhere. Hope third time is a charm.

Last year we loaded the little SL with parts, met a few folks there and actually brought home a few bucks. This year I hope to find some gas and oil stuff and take in the show. :)

Did anyone else see the Erskine? (atleast I think it was) Sport coupe in the car coral with the young man selling his father's estate cars off? The guy had alot of photos of some pretty rare cars in every state of disrepair. I couldn't get any prices out of him. He wanted you to make an offer. He said he had a number in mind on each car. Does anyone know the man or the cars? Looked like many of the cars were outside and almost to the point of being scrap, but some of the older unusual stuff was under cover of some sort.

Seeker, we saw the Erksine which would have been a great car to recussitate for local shows and parades as is. A couple of other car corral standouts, IMHO - presentable, early Corvair convertible for $3,500; really decent '41 Olds sedan (the sedan without the quarter window, a nice bodystyle for that era GM IMO) with a 6 and Hydromatic transmission for $7,800 or so, and a Rambler wagon in really good original shape, a tad over $10K, I think.

On the dreamer end of the spectrum, was a nice but unrestored '71 Mb 280 SL "Pagoda" in the right signal red and tan colors, but in need of paint and a good clean up at the very least, and my guess would be mechanical attention - looked like a recent escapee from the back of the garage - at $51K, or roughly what a really nice Pagoda should bring. This car, to me seemed overpriced by about $20K or more. Also, a '38 Olds sedan that appeared to have been a junkyard or field car was offered for around $3,800 - but the seller did note it was the same model Ralphie's dad drove in "The Christmas Story", so at least he had a sense of humor.

I think we spent a whole $12 in the swap, some key gas an oil people were not their this year, lots of stuff but not the real nice stuff.

Great showfield, missed Dandy Dave again, but did see a Cunningham and a nice selection of prewar cars and sports cars so it was a great day overall.

We were there Sunday. The car show was great as usual, but the swap meet seemed to have less vendors than the last time we were there.

I didn't see any 1951 or 1952 Plymouths (my favorites) which was surprising because the show always had a couple of them lurking.

I think it was the best weather possible . Met and had a nice visit with Dandy Dave. Brought home a "one man" touring top irons for a someday project. Saw some really nice cars, 24 Chrysler, 31 Plymouth roadster, EMF, Maxwell, Cuningham WOW. And had a great run in the 16 Stanley, 60 miles w no issues.

Rhinebeck is one of my favorite shows

Chris had his Stanley parked next to my EMF and the Maxwell. When we decided to leave, I flooded the EMF and had some trouble starting it. He had his Stanley fired and started before I had mine.... Just humiliating.... Seriously, though, We had a great time and there seems to be more and more early cars there each year... Dave had his Buick parked over by the grandstands with some late model stuff, Maybe he ran out of gas....

Frank

Chris and Frank, we had the chance to admire your cars as well - Chris I thought I recognized the name from the forum, and was wondering if you made the run from the NW corner vs. trailered - very cool. I think Dave's car was in the row earmarked for prior year show winners...

Out of gas... LOL... Your funny Old Ford. :P Although I did take a First place with the car about 6 or 7 years ago, The spot was reserved for the Up State NY BCA Chapter, of which I am a Member, so I parked with my Buick pals. Dandy Dave!